Many local weigh stations are ready for hunters
VERMONT — Hunters who take a bear, deer, turkey or moose during the Vermont hunting seasons must bring the animal within 48 hours to the nearest game warden or to the nearest Vermont Fish and Wildlife reporting station.
Below is a list of local wardens and reporting stations for 2015. The full list of wardens throughout the state appears on Fish & Wildlife’s website, www.vtfishandwildlife.com.
In Addison County, the wardens are Josh Hungerford, who can be reached at 989-7484, and Spc. Dale Whitlock, who is at 388-4875. Both wardens are in Middlebury. Deputy Warden Eugene Stearns of Addison is at 759-2944.
Addison County reporting stations are as follows:
• Bridport Town Clerk, Bridport – 758-2483.
• Buxton’s Country Store, Orwell – 948-2112.
• C&S Hunting Supplies, Middlebury – 388-8401.
• Green Mountain Trails End, Bristol – 453-4679.
• Jerusalem Corners Country Store, Bristol – 453-4056.
• Lincoln General Store, Lincoln – 453-2981.
• Panton General Store, Panton – 475-2431.
• Rack N Reel, New Haven – 453-2000.
• Vermont Field Sports, Middlebury – 388-3572.
• Village Green Market, New Haven – 453-2163.
• West Addison General Store, Addison – 759-2071.
Nearby reporting stations in Rutland County are:
• Benson Village Store, Benson – 537-2041.
• G&L General Store, Benson – 537-4041.
• Junction Store & Deli, Brandon – 247-3794.
• Lake Hortonia Country Store, Hubbardton – 273-3445.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.