Middlebury Police Log: Former store employee accused of embezzlement
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Tiffany Audet, 20, of Shoreham for embezzlement, following an investigation at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Court Street on Jan. 26. Police allege that Audet, a former Rite Aid employee, embezzled more than $1,200 from the store dating back to October of 2011.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to an unlawful mischief complaint in the Case Street area on Jan. 22.
• Assisted Vergennes police officers with an unruly woman on Jan. 23.
• Ticketed a juvenile for being a minor in possession of tobacco on the Middlebury Union High School campus on Jan. 23.
• Investigated multiple truancy complaints in the Deerfield Lane neighborhood on Jan. 23.
• Assisted a Route 7 South business that had received a bad check on Jan. 23.
• Served a no-trespass notice on a person for the Newton Drive area on Jan. 24.
• Investigated a report of suspicious activity in the area where Court Street meets Route 7 South on Jan. 24.
• Responded to reports of a suspicious person in the Court Street neighborhood on Jan. 24.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Case Street apartment building on Jan. 24.
• Investigated a domestic disturbance at a Case Street residence on Jan. 24.
• Responded to a report of a drunken person in Court Square on Jan. 25.
• Responded to a theft complaint in the Court Street area on Jan. 26.
• Investigated a report of suspicious activity in the Boardman Street neighborhood on Jan. 26.
• Were informed that someone had fraudulently used a local resident’s ATM card in Texas on Jan. 26.
• Cited Lars Remole, 20, of Darien, Conn., for driving under the influence of alcohol on Court Street on Jan. 26. During the same traffic stop, police also cited Thomas Dunn, 20, of South Burlington, for being a minor in possession of a malt beverage.
• Defused a dispute between two men on Main Street on Jan. 26.
• Responded to a disorderly conduct complaint at a MacIntyre Lane store on Jan. 27. Police said a man was being rude and left the store on request.
• Warned a person who was violating the town’s open container ordinance on South Main Street on Jan. 27.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75