Middlebury Police Log: Passed out man cited for posssession
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Samuel Griffin, 19, of Fort Washington, Pa., for possession of marijuana, following investigation of an incident at the intersection of College Street and Adirondack View on Saturday, May 27. Police allege Griffin had passed out on the sidewalk. Authorities said they found three bags of marijuana hanging out of his pocket. Police also served Griffin with a civil citation for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a report of a student providing a peer with prescription pills while at Middlebury Union High School on May 21.
• Responded to two reports of a young woman asking people for money on May 21, first in the Hannaford Supermarket parking lot, then at the Dunkin Donuts on Court Street.
• Took into protective custody a very drunk woman who was not wanted at a Water Street apartment on May 21. Police said they measured the woman’s blood-alcohol content at 0.277 percent. As a point of reference, the legal limit for driving is 0.08 percent.
• Cited Nobuhle Ndlovu, 22, of Middlebury for a trespassing violation at Two Brothers Tavern on Main Street on May 23.
• Investigated a burglary at an unlocked home on Weybridge Street on May 23.
• Were informed that someone had stolen some skis, ski poles and ski helmet and leather boots from a room at Middlebury College’s Hadley Hall on May 24.
• Helped resolve a conflict from two MUHS students on May 24.
• Responded to a report of an unruly student at Middlebury Union Middle School on May 24.
• Received a report of some stolen jewelry at a Lindale Circle residence on May 24.
• Cited Karen A. Lyons, 34, of Middlebury on a burglary complaint at a Valley View Drive residence on May 24. Police said Lyons is alleged to have stolen some alcohol from the home.
• Investigated a hit-and-run accident involving two vehicles in the municipal parking lot next to the Storm Café on Mill Street on May 24.
• Warned some people who had been setting off some fireworks in the Park Street area on May 25.
• Cited an MUHS student for allegedly assaulting another student on campus on May 24.
• Assisted a local woman who claimed on May 25 she had been threatened by a relative in Bristol.
• Broke up a domestic dispute at a Court Street residence on May 25.
• Were informed that someone had driven away from the Middlebury Short Stop gas station on Court Street without paying for $31 in gas on May 25.
• Received a report of vandalism to a vehicle parked in the municipal parking lot off Mill Street on May 25.
• Responded to a domestic dispute at a Court Street residence on May 25.
• Quieted a band that had been playing on the roof of a Park Street building on May 26.
• Interviewed a man who claimed to have been assaulted in the Jackson Lane area on May 26.
• Assisted a local woman who reported receiving a harassing text message from a man on May 26.
• Cited Jackie R. Gorton, 37, of Bristol for larceny and driving with a suspended license, following an investigation behind the Kinney Drug Store on Court Street.
• Warned a man for carrying a mug of whiskey down College Street on May 27.
• Served court diversion paperwork on a drunken woman who was preparing to urinate behind a building off Bakery Lane on May 27. Police said they measured the woman’s blood alcohol level at 0.229 percent.
• Warned a woman for carrying a cup of alcohol on Bakery Lane on May 27. Later on that same date, police warned two others for the same infraction in the downtown area.
• Received a report of the theft of some paperwork from the glove box of a vehicle parked off Cross Street on May 27.
• Responded to a trespassing complaint at Middlebury College on May 27.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.