Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for domestic assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Zachary Robbins, 26, of Middlebury for domestic assault and unlawful mischief, following investigation of an alleged domestic dispute in the South Village Green neighborhood on Oct. 21.
Separately, Middlebury police conducted extra patrols on Bakery Lane and under the Cross Street Bridge every day between Oct. 16 and 23, noting that officers patrolled there multiple times on Saturday, Oct. 21, and conducted multiple checks on houseless individuals camping under the bridge on Oct. 18.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Helped a local resident understand the terms and conditions of a restraining order on Oct. 16.
• Assisted the Essex (N.Y.) County Sheriff’s Department with an investigation involving an Ossie Road location on Oct. 16.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a medical call in the Buttolph Drive area on Oct. 16.
• Responded to a trespassing complaint at Hannaford Supermarket on Oct. 17. Police said the person agreed to leave the property.
• Helped a stranded person find overnight shelter in town on Oct. 19.
• Responded to a noise complaint at 112 South Main St. at around 10 p.m. on Oct. 19.
• Investigated a report of someone driving erratically in the Marble Works complex on Oct. 19.
• Received a report about someone allegedly driving erratically on Case Street in East Middlebury on Oct. 19.
• Heard from a woman who said her car had been entered and rifled while parked off Case Street on Oct. 19. Police on that same date received reports of cars being entered while parked off Monroe Street. Police said it appears nothing was stolen from the vehicles.
• Got help for a person who reported domestic strife on Oct. 19.
• Responded to a report of a fight at a North Pleasant Street home on Oct. 20.
• Investigated a noise complaint in the North Pleasant Street area on Oct. 20.
• Investigated a two-car accident, with one person suffering a minor injury, on Quarry Road on Oct. 20.
• Responded to a noise complaint at 112 Weybridge St. at around 12:35 a.m. on Oct. 20. Police returned to the same address and warned residents following complaints of a party that was in violation of the noise ordinance at around 11:30 p.m. on Oct. 21.
• Assisted a Main Street barkeep with an intoxicated customer who didn’t want to leave at around 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 21.
• Responded to a car-versus-utility-pole accident, with minor injuries, on Case Street on Oct. 21 at around 8:15 p.m. Police said traffic on Case Street was delayed while the damaged utility police was replaced.
• Responded to a report of a drunken man yelling in a forested area off Court Street on Oct. 21. Police found the man, who was asked to move along.
• Responded to a report of a “disorderly man” sleeping outside a Court Street business during the morning of Oct. 21.
• On Oct. 21, assisted emergency responders at the scene of a fallen tree on Route 116, at the Bristol town line.
• Warned a person who was in violation of the town’s open container ordinance on South Main Street on Oct. 21.
• Conducted speed enforcement on Rogers Road on Oct. 22.
• Ticketed a person for littering after seeing that person drop a beer can off the Cross Street Bridge on Oct. 22.
• Assisted Vermont State Police in their investigation of a car crash on Boardman Street at around 1:50 a.m. on Oct. 23. Police said the driver crashed the vehicle — later determined to have been stolen — after its driver attempted to elude police.
Middlebury police and troopers said they collared three suspects in connection with the incident, one of whom they said was in possession of a stolen firearm.
Vergennes police twice backed up other agencies in incidents between Nov. 27 and Dec. 3.
During a relatively quiet week, troopers at the Vermont State Police barracks in New Haven … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Amy Mollison, 32, of Rutland for two counts of violating the condi … (read more)