High schoolers who volunteer can get a scholarship
ADDISON COUNTY — United Way of Addison County fosters community service in all community members, especially our youth. Thanks to a generous donor, UWAC will offer the 2023 LIVE UNITED Volunteer Scholarship Award, recognizing a high school senior who volunteers in Addison County and is interested in advancing their education.
This scholarship comes with a $3,000 cash award to be used for post-graduation education (college, trade school, adult education, etc.).
The organization is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year. Applications for the 2023 LIVE UNITED Volunteer Scholarship Award can be submitted to United Way of Addison County if the nominee meets the following criteria:
1. Senior in high school or equivalent.
2. 21 years old or younger.
3. Has volunteered in Addison County anytime within their high school years (grades 9-12).
4. The volunteer service has made an impact on the community, and their own personal learning.
5. Must be applying to or enrolled in an accredited post-graduation site (minimum 6-credit semester or the equivalent).
6. Participation in this scholarship award shall be on a voluntary basis.
7. Applicant must not be employed by UWAC or be a dependent of UWAC staff or board members.
1. Completed Scholarship Application, which includes answers to the “Questions for Student” document.
2. A student resume of all applicable high school activities (sports, student government, activities, jobs, etc.).
3. Letter of reference from the organization or individual impacted by your service that answers the “Questions for Reference.”
4. The scholarship funds will be made available to the educational institution in which the student is enrolled.
5. Payment will be issued by United Way of Addison County.
Interested students can go to the UWAC website to apply for this scholarship, or head online to at tinyurl.com/VolSchol. Applicants must fill out and submit the application there or send it along with the “questions for students,” student resume and letter of reference to: [email protected] or via U.S. Mail to: Amy Hoekstra, United Way of Addison County, PO Box 555, Middlebury, VT 05753.
All application documents are due to United Way of Addison County by May 8. Winners will be notified no later than May 26.
Download an application online at tinyurl.com/VolSchol.
Career Center students learn in the field
Around two dozen Patricia Hannaford Career Center students have temporarily swapped their … (read more)
Free summer food options in decline
Changes in demographics, recent bumps in household income, low staffing and other factors … (read more)
Brandon’s Boynton to lead Bristol Elementary
Aaron Boynton will take the reins at BES in July. The Brandon resident currently serves as … (read more)