Bristol Police Log: Police asking for information on car crash
BRISTOL — Bristol police are asking for information about a minor car crash that occurred in a Prince Lane parking lot on Saturday, Oct. 22.
On Oct. 23, police received a delayed report of a vehicle in the parking lot being scraped with white paint, and authorities report that a white, full-size truck may have been involved. Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Bristol Police Department at 802-453-2533 and cite incident 22BR003097.
Between Oct. 17 and Oct. 23, Bristol police completed 24 foot patrols and one car patrol, conducted 10 traffic stops and checked the security at Mount Abraham Union High School five times, at Bristol Elementary School four times and at local businesses four times.
Police also processed 14 fingerprint requests, helped one individual get into a locked vehicle, verified one vehicle identification number and responded to one alarm activation that appeared to be a malfunction.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Oct. 17 assisted Bristol Rescue with a juvenile problem on Mountain Street.
• On Oct. 19 began investigating violations of an abuse prevention order.
• On Oct. 19 checked on the welfare of an intoxicated person on Main Street and found that the person’s level of intoxication did not rise to the level of a concern.
• On Oct. 19 assisted Vermont State Police on Hewitt Road.
• On Oct. 20 received a report of unlawful mischief on Airport Drive. An investigation is ongoing.
• On Oct. 20 received a report of home improvement fraud on Mountain Terrace. An investigation is ongoing.
• On Oct. 21 helped resolve a disagreement on Mountain Street.
• On Oct. 21 issued a parking warning on Pine Street.
• On Oct. 22 assisted Bristol Rescue on Mountain Street.
• On Oct. 22 helped ensure an individual was able to retrieve belongings from a former residence.
• On Oct. 22 responded to a North Street residence in the Park Place area for a report of vandalism. An investigation is ongoing.
• On Oct. 23 responded to a report of a family fight on South Street. One person involved was present when police arrived. The individual declined to provide information or accept an offer of assistance from social service agencies.
Bristol police on Feb. 8 arrested Brian Dodds, 37, of Bristol on an outstanding warrant an … (read more)
Vergennes police dealt with a variety of cases in a busy week between Feb. 12 and 18, incl … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Richard J. Murray, 57, of Middlebury for driving under the influen … (read more)