Bristol Police Log for Oct. 27
BRISTOL — Between Sept. 12 and Oct. 16, Bristol police completed 119 foot patrols and 12 car patrols, conducted 51 traffic stops and checked the security at Mount Abraham Union High School 28 times, Bristol Elementary School 23 times and local businesses 22 times.
Police also processed 91 fingerprint requests, helped one resident get into a locked vehicle, responded to one 911 call that turned out to be a misdial, verified one vehicle identification number, conducted two welfare checks and six quarterly sex offender registry checks and facilitated the return of four loose dogs and two wallets.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Sept. 12 took two reports of accidents for insurance purposes.
• On Sept. 12 received a report of stolen property on Airport Drive. An investigation is ongoing.
• On Sept. 12 responded to a dispute between neighbors on Taylor Avenue. Police determined no action rose to the level of an offense and offered social service agency assistance, which was declined.
• On Sept. 13 assisted a person with transportation on West Street.
• On Sept. 13 received a threatening complaint on Airport Drive and found no action rose to the level of an offense.
• On Sept. 13 received a report of a car crash on Prince Lane. The vehicle involved had left the area, leaving behind part of the fender. An investigation is ongoing.
• On Sept. 14 assisted with a welfare check on Carterville Road and found no issues or concerns.
• On Sept. 15 received a report of damage to a vehicle on West Street.
• On Sept. 15 responded to Mountain Street for a suspicious person and found no action rose to the level of an offense.
• On Sept. 16 received found property from West Street and returned the items to the owner.
• On Sept. 16 along with Bristol Rescue escorted a local Special Olympics Athlete during the Bristol leg of the Law Enforcement Torch Run.
• On Sept. 16 began investigating a theft on Spring Street.
• On Sept. 16 received a complaint of a dog barking in the Plank Road area. An officer could not find the dog.
• On Sept. 16 spoke to a group of juveniles in a parking lot on Maple Street after receiving a noise complaint.
• On Sept. 17 assisted the Bristol Fire Department on West Street.
• On Sept. 19 assisted Bristol Elementary School with a truancy concern.
• On Sept. 20 following an investigation into disorderly behavior on West Street, cited Justin Gravelle, 27, of Essex for operating his motor vehicle with a suspended license.
• On Sept. 21 issued parking tickets on Airport Drive.
• On Sept. 21 assisted the Bristol Fire Department on Hewitt Road.
• On Sept. 24 provided emergency lights and directed traffic at the scene of a car crash on Route 116 North until the fire department and Vermont State Police arrived.
• On Sept. 24 helped the Colchester Police Department find someone on Airport Drive.
• On Sept. 24 received a report of a sexual assault for an incident reported to another agency and forwarded that information to the appropriate agency.
• On Sept. 26 assisted someone on Garfield Street with a motor vehicle complaint.
• On Sept. 26 assisted state police with a runaway juvenile on Morgan Horse Lane.
• On Sept. 27 issued court diversion paperwork to three juveniles on Airport Drive.
• On Sept. 27 gave someone a courtesy ride to a service station after their vehicle broke down on Stoney Hill.
• On Sept. 28 assisted state police on South Street.
• On Sept. 29 assisted someone at the Bristol Police Department with printing documents for a court hearing.
• On Sept. 29 assisted someone with property retrieval on Route 116 South.
• On Oct. 2 responded to a minor parking lot crash on Prince Lane.
• On Oct. 5 dealt with a family dispute in the area of Morgan Horse Lane and helped the family to find a resolution and identify available resources for its situation.
• On Oct. 11 responded to a family fight on Morgan Horse Lane and cited Sergiu Babenco, 37, of Bristol for aggravated domestic assault.
• On Oct. 11 served a temporary relief from abuse order upon someone on Route 116 South.
• On Oct. 12 assisted state police at the station.
• On Oct. 13 responded to a two-vehicle accident on West Street.
• On Oct. 13 assisted the Mount Abraham Unified School District by checking on two students who live in the Lower Notch Road area.
• On Oct. 14 initiated a property watch for a North Street resident.
• On Oct. 16 responded to an animal complaint near the intersection of Route 116 South and River Road.
Vergennes police twice backed up other agencies in incidents between Nov. 27 and Dec. 3.
During a relatively quiet week, troopers at the Vermont State Police barracks in New Haven … (read more)
Middlebury police cited Amy Mollison, 32, of Rutland for two counts of violating the condi … (read more)