Vergennes Police Log for Sept. 27
VERGENNES — Police in Vergennes on Sept. 21 cited a New York resident for driving under the influence of alcohol, test refusal, after her vehicle allegedly struck a school bus on Main Street. Police said both the bus and the vehicle were traveling north near Vergennes City Hall when the accident occurred and that no one was injured.
Cited was Sabina Ronald, 32, of Rexhall, N.Y. Police allege her blood-alcohol content tested at almost three times the legal limit at roadside, but that Ronald refused to take an evidentiary test at the station. Police said Ronald’s record includes two earlier DUI convictions.
In other action between Sept. 17 and 23, Vergennes police:
On Sept. 17:
• Took a report that a vehicle struck a car parked on Green Street and left the scene of the accident; police said they believe they have identified the driver at fault, and the incident remains under investigation.
• Dealt with a parking problem at Vergennes Union High School.
On Sept. 19:
• Served an abuse-prevention order on a female North Maple Street resident.
• Began investigating a Panton woman’s report that a man had looked into her Panton Road home’s bathroom window; police said an investigation is ongoing.
On Sept. 20:
• Took a report of a minor Sept. 14 accident for insurance purposes.
• Calmed arguing Walker Avenue neighbors.
On Sept. 21:
• Checked a report of a man in need of medical attention on the lawn near Shaw’s Supermarket; when police arrived the man vomited and said he had a broken back and foot, but at first said he could not afford medical treatment. Police and Vergennes Area Rescue Squad personnel persuaded him to go to the UVM Medical Center.
• Sent the department Drug Recognition Expert to help Bristol police evaluate a suspect, who police said was impaired.
• Looked into a loud-music complaint at a Hillside Drive apartment and found no problem.
On Sept. 22 dealt with a two-car accident on South Water Street.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75