Vermont State Police Log: Troopers busy with routine calls — and one big crash
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police operating out of the New Haven barracks issued two press releases between May 1 and 7, plus a list of other activity.
In the first, Trooper Gurwicz on May 1 issued a press release stating that state police on March 3 received a report that a Randolph man had made a verbal agreement with a Cornwall homeowner to complete a home improvement project but he failed to return a deposit after the services were canceled and no work was completed. The trooper reported that he would cite the Randolph man for home improvement fraud.
In the other, Sgt. Matthew Daley reported that state police were called to investigate a crash involving two Middlebury police cruisers and an SUV driven by an East Middlebury man on Route 116 in Middlebury on May 7. State police are investigating. See full story by clicking here.
State police operating out of the New Haven barracks release a daily log of a selection of their activities. In Addison County, those activities included:
• May 1, agency assist, South Water Street, Vergennes.
• May 2, suspicious person or circumstance, Lake Dunmore Road, Salisbury.
• May 2, suspicious person or circumstance, Route 7, Waltham.
• May 2, citizen assist, Cemetery Road and States Prison Hollow Road, Starksboro.
• May 2, accident with damage, Route 22A and Carr Lane, Bridport.
• May 3, sex offender registry check, Route 7, New Haven.
• May 3, agency assist, Route 116 South, Bristol.
• May 3, animal problem, Shadow Glen Drive and Lake Road, Panton.
• May 4, citizen assist, Route 22A, Addison.
• May 4, larceny, Hardscrabble Road, Bristol.
• May 5, agency assist, Route 125, Cornwall.
• May 5, suspicious person or circumstance, Carlstrom Road, Bristol.
• May 5, false alarm, Leicester.
• May 5, directed patrol, Rockydale Road and Lincoln Road, Bristol.
• May 5, animal problem, Cross Road and West Street, Cornwall.
• May 6, citizen assist, Quaker Street, Ferrisburgh.
• May 6, traffic crash, Hamilton Road, Weybridge.
• May 6, agency assist, Pearson Road, New Haven.
• May 7, citizen dispute, Belden Falls Road, New Haven.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75