MUHS boys’ tennis takes pair of matches, now 3-1
BARRE — The Middlebury Union High School boys’ tennis team breezed to a pair of recent wins and now stands at 3-1 for the season. On Monday the Tigers topped shorthanded host Spaulding, 7-0, and on Saturday they dispatched visiting Harwood, 6-1.
On Monday Spaulding contested only the top three singles matches, all of which the Tigers won in straight sets:
• At No. 1 singles, Ziven McCarty (MUHS) defeated Chris Cambio, 6-1, 6-2.
• At No. 2 singles, Mauricio Gonzalez (MUHS) defeated Matthia Tchantouridze, 6-0, 6-1.
• At No. 3 singles, Jesse Rubin (MUHS) defeated Silas Jackson, 6-1, 6-2.
On Saturday the Tigers swept the five singles matches and split the two doubles matches:
• At No. 1 singles, McCarty (MUHS) defeated Jesse McDougall, 6-4, 1-6, 1-0.
• At No. 2 singles, Gonzalez (MUHS) defeated Peter Laind, 6-4, 6-1.
• At No. 3 singles, Rubin (MUHS) defeated Asher Martley, 6-1, 6-0.
• At No. 4 singles, Spencer Doran (MUHS) defeated Ryan Dessarau, 6-0, 6-0.
• At No. 5 singles, Hunter Munteanu (MUHS) defeated Zak Wing, 6-0, 6-0.
• At No. 1 doubles, Ethan Lynds and Brian Gulhuly defeated Sam Daly and Drew Kiernan (MUHS) 6-4, 6-2.
• At No. 2 doubles, Andy Giorgio and Abel Anderson (MUHS) defeated Owen Labombard and Theron Williams, 6-4, 6-3.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.