Vergennes Police Log
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on Dec. 15 cited a Main Street resident for driving under the influence of alcohol and violating the conditions of his release.
Cited was Christopher Holwager, 26, of Vergennes. Police allege that they smelled alcohol on his breath when they stopped his vehicle for defective equipment on Main Street, and that Holwager failed roadside sobriety testing. Police also allege his evidential blood-alcohol test registered at 0.123, above the legal BAC for driving of 0.08.
Vergennes police between Dec. 12 and 18 also ticketed seven vehicles for violating the city’s winter parking ban, ordering three of them to be towed, and in a mostly quiet week:
• On Dec. 13 responded to an incident in which three juveniles had started a fire in a fire pit on North Green Street and then had been disrespectful to firefighters who responded. Police insisted they apologize to firefighters.
• On Dec. 16 directed traffic around a truck stuck on the upslope from the Otter Creek bridge.
• On Dec. 18 issued a citation to a Comfort Hill resident on behalf of Vermont State Police.
• On Dec. 18 at a West Main Street traffic stop ticketed a motorist for possessing a small amount of marijuana and for speeding.
• On Dec. 18 sent the department Drug Recognition Expert to Porter Hospital to help VSP.
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.