WomenSafe offers services to those affected by sexual and domestic violence in Addison County
ADDISON COUNTY — WomenSafe, a Middlebury nonprofit, serves all the county’s victims of domestic and sexual violence, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, and works to end domestic and sexual violence in our community. (See featured story.)
Womensafe’s services include:
• A 24-hour hotline for crisis intervention, problem solving, safety planning and emotional support (802-388-4205).
• Support and advocacy for court processes, such as relief from abuse orders.
• Accompanying victims to the hospital and providing a supportive presence during medical exams.
• Drop-in support groups for survivors.
• Supervised visitation, provided by a trained monitor in a safe, child-friendly environment.
• Community education.
• Language Line interpreters in more than 170 languages.
Services are free and confidential. WomenSafe may be contacted at 802-388-9180, and more information is available at www.womensafe.net.