Middlebury Police Log: Police tend to suicidal woman
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police assisted the Counseling Service of Addison County with a suicidal patient in the Twin Circles area on July 7.
Police said Middlebury Regional EMS took the woman for treatment at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Vermont State Police in trying to find a local youth in the Skyline Drive area on July 4.
• Responded to a Wilmar Road home on July 4 on a report of a man who had allegedly talked about harming himself.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a possible overdose patient in the North Pleasant Street area on July 4.
• Responded to a car versus bicycle accident on Court Street Extension on July 5 in which a person sustained minor injuries.
• Got medical attention on July 5 for a Twin Circles resident who police said had ingested alcohol and prescription drugs on July 5.
• Contacted a local man who had allegedly made a threatening comment to another person in the East Main Street area on July 5.
• Arrested Brandon Yandow, 19, of Middlebury for allegedly violating his conditions of release in the Lindale Circle area on July 6.
• Responded to Porter Hospital on a report of a man allegedly threatening to hurt himself and others on July 6.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local resident in the Wilmar Road area on July 6.
• Responded to a report that two juveniles had entered the storage area at Noonie Deli off Maple Street and did some damage on July 7. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Investigated a July 7 car accident on South Main Street that saw a person sustain a minor injury.
• Received a report about an alleged physical fight between a man and a woman in the Skyline Lane area on July 7.
• Received a report about the possible violation of a restraining order on July 7.
• Were informed of the theft of some copper pipe from a Jackson Lane apartment building on July 7.
• Received a report on July 7 from a local woman who alleged she had been assaulted by her boyfriend a couple of weeks earlier in Brandon.
• Found a man sleeping in the entrance of a Maple Street business on July 7.
• Heard from a Pennsylvania resident on July 8 who alleged receiving threatening messages from a Middlebury resident.
• Assisted the Addison County Unit for Special Investigations with a search warrant in Rutland Town on July 8.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Court Street area on July 9.
• Assisted Vermont State Police in locating a juvenile in the Route 7 South area on July 9.
• Investigated a two-car crash on Route 7 North on July 9. Police said a woman was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries.
• Received a report on July 9 of “numerous punctured tires” at a Willow Drive business.
• Checked on the welfare of a woman on Old Chapel Road who was reportedly homeless and in need of assistance on July 10.
• Responded, along with a local public works crew, to a report of a fallen tree blocking the intersection of Burnham Drive and School House Hill Road on July 10.
• Found a man sleeping in the lobby of a local business on July 11.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)