Middlebury Police Log: Robbery reported at Court St. Champlain Farms
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to a reported robbery at the Champlain Farms store on Court Street on Dec. 22.
As previously reported on addisonindependent.com, a man entered the store at around 7:12 p.m. that Tuesday and demanded money from the cashier. He fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
He was described as a white male, wearing a black hoodie with a white cloth over his face with eye cutouts.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Middlebury police Det. Kris Bowdish or Officer Bill Austin at 388-3191.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Served a no-trespass order on Dec. 21 on a man who was not wanted at a North Pleasant Street residence.
• Responded, with Middlebury Regional EMS, to a Fields Road home on Dec. 21 on a report of a person consuming a substance feared to be toxic. Authorities determined the substance was not toxic, but did contain alcohol. Police said the patient was taken to Porter Hospital.
• Cited Anthony E. Sargent, 53, of Rutland for multiple counts of retail theft from Kinney Drugs and the Hannaford Supermarket in Middlebury, as well as alleged thefts from multiple stores in Rutland. Police made the arrest in the Court Street area on Dec. 22.
• Received a report that a man was injured when he walked into a slow-moving vehicle on Court Street on Dec. 22. Police said the man had left upon their arrival at the scene.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS on Dec. 24 with a patient in the Cedar Court area who was intoxicated and had overdosed on pills. Police said the patient was taken to Porter Hospital.
• Responded to a reported argument between a brother and sister at an Old College Farm Road residence on Dec. 24. Police said the sister left the home.
• Placed, into the custody of a family member, a drunken woman who had been walking along Buttolph Drive at around 11 p.m. on Dec. 24.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS in responding to a report of an unresponsive man near John Graham Court on Dec. 24. Police said the man was conscious and alert upon arrival of emergency responders, who took him to Porter Hospital.
• Investigated a reported fight between some siblings at a Lindale Circle home on Dec. 25. Police issued a no-trespass order on one of the siblings.
• Assisted state police with an accident off Middle Road in Salisbury on Dec. 25.
• Responded to a report on Dec. 26 that a family member had splashed paint throughout a room within a Creek Road home, covering pictures, a couch, television, chairs and the floor.
• Conducted a welfare check on a woman in the Seymour Street area on behalf of the Vermont Department of Probation & Parole on Dec. 27.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.