Homes should be tested for lead
My second-grade Brownies wanted me to send this letter to the editor:
If you live in an older house and have any paint that is chipped or peeling in any way, please test it for lead. Lead paint can be very dangerous and poison children and animals.
Our Brownie troop discussed several things that need to be addressed and lead paint was found to be the most important. One of the girls was sick when she was younger from lead paint poisoning.
The test kits can be purchased at most hardware stores. Show your family you can and test your paint.
Nancy Skidmore, Troop Leader
On behalf of Brownie Troop 30344
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.