Vergennes Police Log: Traffic stop draws arrest and a citation
VERGENNES — After a recent West Main Street traffic stop, Vergennes police ended up arresting one New York resident and citing another on drug charges.
City police said that on Saturday they stopped a car on West Main Street for allegedly traveling 44 mph in a 30 mph zone, and smelled the odor of marijuana when they approached the vehicle. The driver and passenger declined a request to search the car, but police obtained a warrant and said they found 15.5 grams of Ecstasy, 22.5 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Vergennes police then arrested the driver, Brandon McGinn, 18, of Delmar, N.Y.; charged him with possession of Ecstasy; and lodged him in the Chittenden County Correctional Center for lack of $5,000 bail. They cited the passenger, Maxwell Sullivan, 20, of Delmar, N.Y., for possession of marijuana and ticketed him for possession of paraphernalia.
In other incidents between April 6 and 12, Vergennes police:
• On April 6 responded to a First Street trespassing complaint and discovered it was a civil dispute.
• On April 6 helped Vermont State Police at a one-car crash on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh.
• On April 7 dealt with a minor two-car collision near the Small City Market.
• On April 7 warned an Ice House Court resident that his accumulated trash was in violation of a city ordinance.
• On April 7 ticketed a driver for traveling on the left side of the centerline after police received a complaint that his car had run another car off the road.
• On April 8 went to Route 22A in Addison to help VSP by directing traffic around an overturned tractor-trailer unit.
• On April 8 went to Northlands Job Corps after two female students made threats against the center; the students were dismissed from the program.
• On April 8 responded to a one-vehicle crash on MacDonough Drive.
• On April 8 helped motorists get into their locked cars on Thomas Circle and Main Street.
• On April 9 checked out a report of gunshots on Bowman Road and found no problem.
• On April 9 cited Rosemarie Jones, 41, of Vergennes for retail theft; Jones allegedly stole children’s pain medication.
• On April 9 helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad at a Third Street call.
• On April 9 issued no-trespass orders to a juvenile male after receiving a complaint he had been stalking a juvenile female.
• On April 9 found a resident’s grandson after he had been reported missing from his Vergennes home.
• On April 10 went to School Street to pick up a truant student and take him to school.
• On April 10 went to a vacant West Main Street home, where a door had popped open; police said they talked to its owner, a bank, about a work order to fix a persistent problem.
• On April 10 took a drunken female Northlands student experiencing convulsions to Porter Hospital for treatment.
• On April 12 helped VARS at a High Street residence.
• On April 12 helped VSP by checking the welfare of a Basin Harbor Road resident in Ferrisburgh; the person was fine.
• On April 12 helped VSP by stopping a car leaving the scene of a Route 7 fight in Ferrisburgh; city police said VSP cited the driver for drunken driving.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75