Yankee Farm Credit opens new Middlebury office
MIDDLEBURY — The Addison County Chamber of Commerce announces that Yankee Farm Credit has opened its new office at 320 Exchange St., Middlebury. Yankee Farm Credit had been located elsewhere on Exchange Street since 1986. An open house for the public will be held at a later date in January.
Built by Bread Loaf Corp., a Middlebury-based planning, design, and construction services firm, the new 4,300-square-foot building features:
• Daylight harvesting with bi-level LED light fixtures and occupancy sensors.
• Perimeter offices organized around two open office areas, allowing future flexibility.
• Two large light monitors to bring daylight to the open office areas.
• Exterior materials selected for maximum durability.
• Local plantings selected to enhance the building’s setting on Exchange Street.
• Reduced energy consumption — according to Efficiency Vermont, the new building will save an estimated 12,250 kWh of electricity, 210 gallons of propane, and 16,950 pounds of carbon emissions per year.
“With double the floor space, the new office can accommodate our growing business services and staff. The driveway was designed for trucks with trailers ease of entry and exit. The construction process went smoothly and was completed on time and on budget,” Yankee Farm Credit Senior Vice President Ken Button said.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.