Vergennes Police Log: Police cite woman for third DUI
VERGENNES — On Sept. 23 Vergennes police cited a Shoreham woman for driving under the influence of alcohol for the third time in two months, while also issuing her four other citations.
Police Chief George Merkel said city police stopped a car driven by Tara L. Dosado, 41, of Shoreham on that Monday, allegedly because it was traveling at 50 mph in a 30 mph West Main Street zone.
Police allege that Dosado was operating the car under the influence of alcohol and cited her for that offense. Merkel said city police had previously issued Dosado DUI citations on July 26 and Aug. 23.
In addition, Merkel said Dosado was cited for driving with a civilly suspended license, violating conditions of release, contempt of court, and speeding.
In other incidents between Sept. 22 and 28, Vergennes police:
• On Sept. 22 spoke to the owner of a dog after a New Haven Road neighbor complained it had been allowed to defecate on a lawn.
• On Sept. 23 directed traffic around a tractor-trailer truck struggling to climb the hill east of the Otter Creek bridge.
• On Sept. 23 stood by while a vehicle was repossessed on North Maple Street.
• On Sept. 24 accepted prescription medication for disposal.
• On Sept. 24 helped Vermont State Police search a car stopped on Plank Road in New Haven.
• On Sept. 24 received a tip about illegal drug activity in the area.
• On Sept. 24 were told by a Mountain View Lane residents that youths had damaged a trampoline while using it without permission.
• On Sept. 26 arranged for a driver who had left Champlain Farms without paying for $17 of gas to return and pay.
• On Sept. 26 cited a Vergennes Union High School student for possession of marijuana.
• On Sept. 27 returned a wallet that a citizen had found to its owner.
• On Sept. 27 helped out at a Lions Club benefit road race.
• On Sept. 27 backed up Vermont State Police at a Ferrisburgh family fight.
• On Sept. 27 searched unsuccessfully for a driver who left Champlain Farms without paying for $50 of fuel.
• On Sept. 27 ticketed a FedEx truck for traveling on Monkton Road while being overweight.
• On Sept. 28 helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad lift a patient at a High Street residence.
• On Sept. 28 warned the owner of a barking dog on South Water Street.
• On Sept. 28 spoke to a suspicious person on South Water Street.
• On Sept. 28 dealt with a case of a woman receiving threats from a man.
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75