ACSU asks for public input
MIDDLEBURY — All seven Addison Central Supervisory Union towns are hosting community forums this week and next to get public feedback on the district’s effort to establish a strategic plan that will clearly define and establish the ACSU’s educational priorities.
The forums will allow local school board members to hear residents’ thoughts on how public education might best be delivered to this and future generations of ACSU students.
The town of Ripton already held its forum on Wednesday, Sept. 17.
These are the dates, times and locations of the community forums in the other ACSU-member towns:
• Thursday, Sept. 18, at 7 p.m. at the Bingham Memorial School in Cornwall.
• Monday, Sept. 22, at 6 p.m. at Shoreham Elementary School.
• Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 6:30 p.m. at Salisbury Elementary School.
• Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary Hogan Elementary School in Middlebury.
• Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. at Bridport Central School.
• Thursday, Sept. 25, at 6:30 p.m. at Weybridge Elementary School.
A 15-member ACSU Strategic Plan Steering Committee will use the public feedback in crafting the strategic plan. The panel will also refer to a wealth of already-completed district studies and statistics.
ACSU officials said the process is expected to culminate in a document in June of 2015 that will help the ACSU create a better game plan for educators and school boards, and ultimately lead to better instruction for students.
Residents are invited to take an ACSU online “mission and vision survey” at bit.ly/1uFFLWU.
Reporter John Flowers is at email@example.com.
RIPTON — The memorial service in celebration of the life of Rev. Wayne Alfred Holsman, 87, … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.