Vergennes Police Log: Woman pushed from car, taken to Porter
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on Saturday along with Vermont State Police and Ferrisburgh firefighters responded to an incident on Route 7 near the Ferrisburgh Fire Department in which a woman was apparently pushed from a car during an altercation.
Police are still investigating the incident, but said at this point they do not expect to file charges on the man who was in the car with the woman. They said after talking to both parties they were not convinced the man was the aggressor in the disturbance. The woman was taken to Porter Hospital for observation after complaining of hip pain, police said.
In other action between May 12 and 19, Vergennes police:
• On May 12 helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad lift a patient on South Maple Street.
• On May 12 called the Coast Guard to deal with a dead cow in Lake Champlain off Kimball Dock Road after responding there on behalf of VSP.
• On May 12 calmed arguing neighbors in a Main Street apartment building.
• On May 12 received a tip about illegal drug activity in the area.
• On May 12 at the police station accepted prescription meds for destruction.
• On May 12 began looking into illegal dumping reported at the New Haven Road car wash.
• On May 12 issued court diversion paperwork to a Northlands Job Corps student for consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• On May 13 began investigating inappropriate emails being sent to a juvenile female.
• On May 13 served a relief-from-abuse order to a New Haven Road resident.
• On May 13 helped a motorist get into a locked car on West Main Street.
• On May 13 directed traffic around a disabled tractor-trailer truck near the Otter Creek bridge.
• On May 14 lodged Leni Grundler, 33, of Vergennes at the Chittenden County Correctional Center on an outstanding warrant for failing to appear in court, an action taken after a traffic stop near the Ferrisburgh commuter lot.
• On May 14 helped the driver and passenger of a disabled vehicle on Route 7.
• On May 14 issued court diversion paperwork to two Northlands students for consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• On May 15 issued a no-trespass order to a man who had allegedly made threats at a Green Street business.
• On May 16 responded on behalf of VSP to a report of a car stuck in a Ferrisburgh field near Basin Harbor, but found the problem solved.
• On May 16 checked a report of an unattended child walking on Route 7 near Monkton Road, but found adults with the child when they arrived.
• On May 16 tried unsuccessfully to serve a relief-from-abuse order to a Middlebury man working in Vergennes.
• On May 16 responded to a smoky fire at a South Maple Street home and helped evacuate the occupants before firefighters put out the blaze.
• On May 17 responded along with VARS personnel to a suspected drug overdose case at a South Water Street residence.
• After a May 17 West Main Street traffic stop for defective equipment, cited two juveniles into family court for possession of malt beverages.
• On May 18 dealt with vandalism at Vergennes Union Elementary School; eggs were thrown at a door.
• On May 18 went to a Second Street home because a neighbor was concerned about a possible break-in and discovered a former resident retrieving belongings. The home’s current resident is double-checking to make sure nothing is missing, police said.
• On May 18 cited Zakk Neville, 24, of Vergennes for unlawful restraint, second degree, for allegedly refusing to let a female acquaintance leave a North Green Street residence.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75