Tiger tennis teams make up for lost time
ADDISON COUNTY — In local high school tennis action earlier this week, the Middlebury girls and boys won matches, while the Otter Valley girls came up short.
On Monday, the Tiger girls defeated visiting Spaulding, 7-0, without losing a set. In individual matches:
• At No. 1 singles, Marvie Avery, M, beat Sarah Works, S, 6-0, 6-1.
• At No. 2 singles, Sonia Howlett, M, beat Lizzie Tchautauridze, S, 7-5, 6-0.
• At No. 3 singles, Jesse Wulfman, M, beat Anna Prescott, S, 6-1, 6-1.
• At No. 4 singles, Julia Cluss, M, beat Emily Boisvert, S, 6-1, 6-4.
• At No. 5 singles, Charlotte Keathley, M, beat Shelby Jewett, S, 6-2, 6-2.
• At No. 1 doubles, Sara Boe and Lindsay Wells, M, beat Mackenzie Kuban and Yvonne Otis, S, 6-3, 6-2.
• At No. 2 doubles, Dorothy Punderson and Hannah Stoll, M, beat Janki Patel and Alli Canavan, S, 6-2, 6-1.
Results for the Tiger girls’ scheduled match at Montpelier on Tuesday were unavailable before deadline. The team is 7-3.
The Tiger boys played a doubleheader at Spaulding on Monday, making up a postponed earlier match as well as playing a regularly scheduled event. MUHS won both, 6-1 and 5-1, to run the team’s record to 4-3. To get both matches in, individual matches were played on a first-to-eight basis.
In the first match, the individual results were:
• At No. 1 singles, Elliott Abbott, M, defeated Yale Young, S, 8-5.
• At No. 2 singles, Ben Evans, S, defeated Bob Avery, M, 8-3.
• At No. 3 singles, Marcello Hanta-Davis, M, defeated Austin Burke, S, 8-5.
• At No. 4 singles, Eric Podraza, M, defeated Aaron Brieu, S, 9-8 (7-3).
• At No. 5 singles, Jerry Staret M, defeated Alex Keene, S, 9-8 (9-7).
• At No. 1 doubles, Nick Holmes and Ben Silver, M, won by forfeit.
• At No. 2 doubles, Max Mayone and Tom Crowne, M, defeated Tanner Thivierge and Greg Ormsby, S, 8-0.
In the second match, the individual results were:
• At No. 1 singles, Abbott, M, defeated Young, S, 8-2.
• At No. 2 singles, Evans, S, defeated Avery, M, 8-0.
• At No. 3 singles, Hanta-Davis M, defeated Burke, S, 8-6.
• At No. 4 singles, Brieu, S, defeated Holmes, M, 8-5.
• At No. 5 singles, Staret M, defeated Keene, S, 8-1.
• At No. 1 doubles, Podraza and Crowne, M, won by forfeit.
• At No. 2 doubles, Mayone and Silver, M, defeated Thivierge and Ormsby, S, 8-1.
On Monday, visiting Woodstock blanked the OV girls, 7-0.
In individual matches:
• At No. 1 singles, Amelia Sheppard, W, beat Danarose Weaver, O, 6-0, 6-2.
• At No. 2 singles, Kathleen Sheppard, W, beat Sarah Young, O, 6-3, 3-6, 10-5.
• At No. 3 singles, Marissa Farbman, W, beat Caitlyn Curtis, O, 6-2, 6-0.
• At No. 4 singles, Katie Miller, W, beat Gabrielle Welch, O, 6-0, 6-1.
• At No. 5 singles, Morgan Hartman, W, beat Jonna Keith, O, 6-1, 6-2.
• At No. 1 doubles, Emma McLiverty/Emma King, W, beat Brenna Coombs/Sophie Wood, O, 6-1, 6-2.
• At No. 2 doubles, Elise Geschardt/Lauren Ross, W, beat Brigid Enright/Ghislaine Robin, O, no score.
On Tuesday, Springfield defeated OV, also by 7-0. The individual results were:
• At No. 1 singles, Kiana Nelson, S, defeated Young, O, 6-4, 6-2.
• At No. 2 singles, Erin Chelbak, S, defeated Weaver, O, 6-6 (5-7), 6-4, 10-7.
• At No. 3 singles, Kylie Bellows, S, defeated Curtis, O, 6-1, 6-0.
• At No. 4 singles, Kendra Dana, S, defeated Keith, O, 6-3, 6-2.
• At No. 5 singles, Miren Larranaga, S, defeated Enright, O, 6-0, 6-0.
• At No. 1 doubles, Jennifer Anders/Katie Worth, S, defeated Wood/ Robin, O, 6-3, 1-6, 10-2.
• At No. 2 doubles, OV forfeited.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75