Ripton Ridge Run draws 235 participants
RIPTON — Two hundred thirty-five runners and walkers experienced gorgeous weather at the 2013 Ripton Ridge Run, Sunday, Oct. 13. The record numbers showing up at this 26th annual event enjoyed sunny skies and warm temperatures, a wonderful race, an excellent lunch and a festive atmosphere. Fifty-five people participated in the 10K run, 140 in the 5K run and 40 in the 5K fun walk. They ranged in age from 3-year-old Kaiya Maclay to 82-year-old Don Lacharite.
Chris Rodgers from Stowe won the men’s 10.4K with a time of 41:02.1, followed by Tony Bates of Middlebury at 41:56.9. Middlebury’s Ben Bruno was third at 43:58.5. Robyn Anderson of Stowe led the women, finishing in 44:34.0. Next was Amanda Reinhardt from Middlebury, who crossed the finish line at 50:00.93. Ripton native Mary Stewart, now from Stowe, was third at 51:50.6.
Addison County residents swept the 5K. In the men’s race, Max Moulton of Middlebury crossed the finish line first with a time of 17:55.0. Sam Ferguson of Middlebury was next at 18:28.9 with Shoreham’s David Dregallo in third at 18:36.6. Vergennes’ Tania Bolduc set the pace for women, coming in at 24:29.3. She was followed by Jennifer Bleich of Middlebury at 24:36.0 and Caryn Etherington from Middlebury at 24:48.8.
The Ripton Ridge Run is a fundraiser for the Ripton Elementary School put on by Friends of the Ripton School. Ripton residents turned out in force to make sure the race was a success. Organizers said the Ridge Run — from volunteers making food or folding T-shirts to the Ripton Volunteer Fire Department helping with traffic control — is a testament to the support Ripton has for its school and schoolchildren.
The top 5 finishers in each event, with their place, name, town, age and time, were:
1. Max Moulton, Middlebury, 17, 17:55.0.
2. Samuel Ferguson, Middlebury, 17, 18:28.9.
3. David Dregallo, Shoreham, 15, 18:36.6.
4. Henry Ganey, Middlebury, 14, 19:04.4.
5. Matt Becker, Bridport, 16, 19:12.1.
1. Tania Bolduc, Vergennes, 46, 24:29.3.
2. Jennifer Bleich, Middlebury, 40, 24:36.0.
3. Caryn Etherington, Middlebury, 57, 24:48.8.
4. Jamie Phinney, Salisbury, Conn., 32, 24:58.0.
5. Aileen Bosworth, Weybridge, 12, 25:27.1.
1. Chris Rodgers, Stowe, 29, 41:02.1.
2. Tony Bates, Salisbury, 54, 41:56.9.
3. Ben Bruno, Middlebury, 29, 43:58.5.
4. Graham Sherriff, New Haven, Conn., 37, 47:13.5.
5. Curt Wemette, Middlebury, 31, 47:35.5.
1. Robyn Anderson, Stowe, 26, 44:34.0.
2. Amanda Reinhardt, Middlebury, 28, 50:00.93.
3. Mary Stewart, Stowe, 26, 51:50.6.
4. Emily Mathews, Ripton, 32, 53:05.8.
5. Meg Meyer, New Haven, 47, 53:35.8.
Complete results can be found at www.coolrunning.com/results/13/vt/Oct13_Ripton_set1.shtml.
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75