Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury police respond to domestic dispute
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to a domestic dispute at a Rogers Road home on July 21. Police said a resident reported his ex-girlfriend had kicked him out of his own house. Police said the woman was packing her belongings and getting ready to leave.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a one-car rollover, with no injuries, on Creek Road on July 15.
• Received a report of a man allegedly carrying a pistol on Merchants Row on July 15. Police said they found an unarmed man fitting the suspect’s description.
• Received a report about some juveniles allegedly saying “inappropriate things” to Ilsley Library patrons on July 15.
• Investigated a report of a Court Street resident who had allegedly overdosed on July 15. Police said the person was taken to Porter Hospital.
• Investigated an embezzlement complaint at a Court Street business on July 15.
• Located the parent of a young child seen walking along Court Street on July 15.
• Removed an unwanted person from Porter Hospital on July 16.
• Checked on the welfare of a woman who had sent out some disconcerting text messages on July 16.
• Took, to Porter Hospital, a local resident who was feeling suicidal on July 16.
• Located and warned a person who had left a dog unattended in a vehicle amid hot weather at The Centre shopping plaza on July 16.
• Resolved a complaint lodged by a person who claimed to have been harassed by some juveniles at McDonald’s Restaurant on July 17.
• Spoke to a Kings Row resident whose dogs were running loose on July 17.
• Warned a group of drunken people in the Jayne Court area to be quiet on July 18.
• Assisted a local resident who had received a threatening text message on July 18.
• Served court diversion paperwork to a youth who had used a fake identification card to try and buy alcohol at Hannaford Supermarket on July 18.
• Investigated a report of an alleged drug deal in the Merchants Row area on July 18.
• Investigated a report of a fight between two men near McDonald’s Restaurant on July 19. Police said the men were gone when they arrived.
• Arrested Ingrid Ecklein, 41, of Middlebury for being in violation of her conditions of release, following an incident in the Jayne Court area on July 19. Police said Ecklein was lodged for lack of bail.
• Responded to a report of a man using a fake ID in an attempt to buy alcohol from a Court Street business on July 19.
• Investigated a report that a wallet had been stolen from an unlocked vehicle off Elm Street on July 19.
• Investigated a vandalism report in the Seymour Street area on July 19. Police said someone had smashed the rear window out of a parked vehicle.
• Returned a found wallet to its owner on July 19.
• Searched, in vain, for a drunken man who had left Porter Hospital against the physician’s advice on July 20.
• Took a drunken woman to her home, where she was turned over to a sober person.
• Took a drunken man to Porter Hospital for evaluation on July 20.
• Assisted the Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association in helping a drunken man in the Washington Street area on July 21. Police said the man was taken to Porter Hospital.
• Responded to a domestic disturbance at a Seminary Street Extension home on July 21. Police said the incident involved an argument over a vehicle.
• Received a report about a barking dog in the Woodland Park neighborhood on July 21.
• Investigated a report of two people arguing about a dog at a Buttolph Drive residence on July 21.
• Separated a group of drunken people who had been arguing and scuffling near the South Village Green apartments on July 21.
• Gave court diversion paperwork to a girl for an alcohol-related violation on July 21.
• Received a complaint about a barking dog in the Washington Street neighborhood on July 21.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75