Middlebury Police Log: Local man cited for violating conditions
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police arrested Dennis Bonnin Jr., 32, for violation of the conditions of his release, following an incident in the John Graham Court area on June 12.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to a report that some of Champlain Valley Construction’s equipment had been vandalized at its Case Street gravel pit on June 10.
• Received a report that someone had tried to use a fake identification card to buy alcohol at Hannaford Supermarket on June 10.
• Were informed that a purse had been stolen from the Ilsley Library on June 10.
• Investigated a report of “inappropriate touching” on Middlebury Union High School grounds on June 10.
• Received a report that a bike had been stolen from the Ilsley Library property off Main Street on June 10.
• Were informed that two solar-powered lights had been stolen from a Seymour Street residence on June 11.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a South Pleasant Street residence on June 11.
• Responded to a verbal dispute between some South Pleasant Street residents on June 11.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a Lindale Circle resident on June 12.
• Assisted an employee at the Middlebury Union Middle School who reported receiving harassing text messages on June 12.
• Investigated a report of a student being in possession of tobacco and marijuana at MUHS on June 12.
• Were informed that someone had driven away from the Main Street area after damaging another vehicle on June 12.
• Assisted rescue staff at the scene of an untimely death at a Route 7 South business on June 12. Police said the person had died of natural causes.
• Quarantined a dog that had allegedly bitten someone in the High Street area on June 13.
• Investigated a reported fight between two McDonald’s Restaurant employees on June 13.
• Were informed that someone had allegedly made three phony deposits at a local bank’s ATM on June 14.
• Investigated a theft complaint at a Gorham Lane residence on June 14.
• Served court diversion paperwork and a ticket to a young driver who had been drinking alcohol on June 15. Police stopped the driver on Court Street.
• Prevented a drunken man from driving from the College Street area on June 15.
• Prevented a girl from running away from home on June 15.
• Responded to a one-vehicle rollover on Munger Street on June 15. Police said there were no injuries in the case.
• Asked an Elm Street resident to turn down their loud music on June 15.
• Responded to several reports on June 16 of a juvenile causing problems at a John Graham Court home.
• Assisted a Jayne Court resident who on June 16 reported receiving harassing phone calls and Facebook messages.
• Investigated a reported assault in the Case Street area on June 16.
• Investigated a report that some items had been stolen from a vehicle parked off Mead Lane on June 16.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.