Vergennes Police Log: Vergennes police assist with VUHS harassment dispute
VERGENNES — Vergennes police between April 9 and 15 handled a variety of incidents, including a harassment issue at Vergennes Union High School, a verbal domestic dispute, and a bad-check case.
In that week, city police:
• On April 9 met with and mentored VUHS students having behavioral issues.
• On April 10 unsuccessfully tried to find a motorist who had driven off from Champlain Farms without paying for about $20 of gas.
• On April 11 checked a report of a truck stalled on the Otter Creek bridge; it was gone when police arrived.
• On April 11 dealt with a male VUHS student who was allegedly sending unwanted and inappropriate text messages to a female student; police said the issue was resolved after speaking to the students, parents and school officials.
• On April 11 were told a student was missing from VUHS, but soon learned that the student had returned.
• On April 11 went along with the department canine to a career event at Vergennes Union Elementary School.
• On April 11 met with Addison Northwest Supervisory Union counselors about developing a consistent anti-substance abuse policy in the three elementary schools in the district. The Vergennes Community Action Group that is also fighting substance abuse in the area also met that evening at VUHS, with about three dozen attending.
• On April 11 received a tip about illegal drug activity in the area.
• On April 11 were told about a phone scam by a Second Street resident; a robo-call sought credit card numbers.
• On April 11 calmed a family argument at a Main Street apartment.
• On April 12 dealt with a case of a check from a closed bank account passed at a Main Street restaurant; police said checks from the account have also been passed in Middlebury and they are actively working on the case.
• On April 12 handled a minor two-car accident at the intersection of School and Green streets.
• On April 13 helped a motorist get into a locked car on Main Street.
• On April 14 helped Vermont State Police by checking a Kimball Point home in Ferrisburgh after hearing a report that a car door had been left open; all was found to be OK.
• On April 15 went to a home in Addison to back up VSP and the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad while they dealt with a man with mental health issues.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75