Bristol Police Log: Police investigate recent vehicle damage
BRISTOL — On April 12, Bristol police received a report from Mountain Street that an unknown person had scratched a vehicle sometime between April 11 and 12.
If anyone has information about this incident, please contact Bristol police at 802-453-2533 and cite incident 22BR001062.
Between March 21 and April 17, Bristol police completed 99 foot patrols and 10 car patrols, conducted 33 traffic stops, and checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School 27 times, at Bristol Elementary School 28 times, and at local businesses 29 times.
Police also processed 23 fingerprint requests, helped one resident get into their locked car, responded to one alarm that turned out to be false, conducted one welfare check without incident, responded to one 911 call made in error, verified one vehicle identification number, and facilitated the return of one driver’s license and one debit card.
During this period, Bristol police assisted Bristol Rescue twice and Vermont State Police once.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
- On March 21, helped someone on Munsill Avenue obtain gasoline.
- On March 21, began investigating a disorderly conduct complaint on Airport Drive.
- On March 21, assisted a social service agency on West Street.
- On March 21, responded to a motor vehicle crash with damage on West Street and will complete a report.
- On March 22, began investigating a report of threatening on South Street.
- On March 22, mediated a dispute on Taylor Avenue.
- On March 22, checked the welfare of someone on Liberty Street and helped them get mental health services.
- On March 23, responded to a dog complaint on Austin Drive and explained to the owner Bristol’s dog ordinance.
- On March 23, helped someone get a ride home from Airport Drive.
- On March 23, completed 1.5 hours of roadside safety training.
- On March 23, began investigating a late report of a citizen dispute on Morgan Horse Lane.
- On March 24, responded to a complaint of aggressive dogs on Birch Ledge, contacted the owner and ensured concerns were addressed.
- On March 26, checked the welfare of someone on Liberty Street and helped them get mental health services.
- On March 26, investigated a report of animal neglect on Carterville Road but did not find evidence of neglect.
- On March 26, noted illegally parked vehicles on Main Street and instructed the owners, who were moving items from an apartment, to move the vehicles to available parking spaces.
- On March 26, began investigating a report of theft on Main Street.
- On March 28, began investigating a report of theft on Main Street.
- On March 28, responded to a traffic hazard at the intersection of Burpee Road and Stoney Hill. The debris was cleared from the roadway.
- On March 28, helped someone on Liberty Street obtain information about court orders.
- On March 30, received a delayed report of a two-car crash on West Street and will complete a report.
- On March 30, helped with a child who had walked away from an adult on North Street.
- On March 30, completed two hours of domestic violence response training online.
- On April 1, began investigating the receipt of a counterfeit license someone tried to use to buy alcohol on West Street.
- On April 1, issued parking warnings on Spring Street.
- On April 1, initiated a property watch on Mountain Terrace.
- On April 4, helped Bristol Elementary School with a student who had left school property.
- On April 4, responded to a report of a dog in distress on Mountain Street but did not see evidence of a dog in distress.
- On April 4, helped someone start their disabled vehicle on South Street.
- On April 5, conducted a property watch on West Street.
- On April 6, helped return a child who had walked away from an adult on North Street.
- On April 7, helped return a child who had walked away from an adult on Mountain Street.
- On April 7, served a no-trespass order to someone on West Street.
- On April 8, responded to a Middlebury police request for assistance, but the request was canceled before arrival.
- On April 9, explained a notice against trespass to someone on Pine Street.
- On April 9, on behalf of the New York City Police Department, tried to locate the victim of a crime.
- On April 9, issued parking warnings on Park Place.
- On April 10, took a report of a phone scam incident on Mountain Street.
- On April 1, monitored traffic during bus evacuation drills at Bristol Elementary School.
- On April 11, on behalf of the Lamoille County Superior Court, tried to serve an abuse prevention order to someone on Adirondack View.
- On April 12, responded to a report of a vehicle rolling from a parking space and colliding with a large metal trash receptacle on Prince Lane, but found no damage to the vehicle or the Dumpster.
- On April 12, assisted a social service agency on Liberty Street.
- On April 12, responded to a verbal dispute on Prince Lane and determined no action rose to the level of an offense.
- On April 13, began investigating a report of an unauthorized transaction at a Main Street bank.
- On April 14, completed online training on Seeing and Disrupting Racism.
- On April 15, responded to a two-car crash without injuries on North Street and will complete a report.
- On April 15, helped Mount Abraham Union High School with a truancy concern.
- On April 15, completed a property check on West Street.
- On April 15, issued parking tickets on Park Place.
- On April 17, received a complaint of a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on Route 116 North, and located the vehicle.
Vergennes Police Log: Stops focus on ‘buckle up’
With a few days still remaining in the effort, Vergennes police had between May 22 and Jun … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Monkton resident arraigned on hundreds of counts
Deaths and fires mixed in with other alleged illegal activity to make it quite a busy week … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Police aid in suspected homicide investigation
Middlebury police on Friday, June 2, stopped a vehicle driven on John Graham Court by Pete … (read more)