Learn about electric vehicles on May 20
VERMONT — Drive Electric Vermont and Waterbury LEAP are hosting a free webinar about electric vehicles (EVs) on Wednesday, May 20, from 7 to 8 p.m. Vermont’s incentive program offers up to $5,000 for an EV purchase, but that incentive has an uncertain future due to COVID-19 budget issues.
EV proponents are urging people to consider an electric vehicle while incentive funds remain available.
The webinar will cover the basics about electric cars:
• What to keep in mind if you’re considering switching over from a gas-powered car.
• Types of EVs available in Vermont (including some recently introduced models).
• Different ways to charge, and current availability of charging options.
• Incentives for buying an EV.
• You’ll also hear from some Vermonters who’ve made the switch to an EV, including Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Bolt owners.
The webinar is free. Preregistration required at tinyurl.com/EV-VTwebinar. Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the webinar through a web browser (no software download required).
Homepage Featured News
Late spring frost devastates crops
When temperatures dropped below freezing during the early hours of May 18, it not only sur … (read more)
Pump track good for kids and adults
It’s fun, it’s free and it’s kid friendly. It’s the Middlebury Bike Pump Track, which open … (read more)
Orphaned bear cub rescued in Bristol
An orphaned, black bear cub was rescued in the Bristol area after a group of local minors … (read more)