Vergennes Police Log for Apr. 20
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on behalf of Vermont State Police on April 12 cited a woman with a Ferrisburgh address for assaulting a law enforcement officer, criminal threatening and unlawful trespass, charges related to an earlier incident in Monkton in which city police said the woman allegedly sicced a dog on a state police trooper investigating a case.
Cited into court to answer those charges was Natalie Huestis, 23. Vergennes police said she came to the city police station to answer the arrest warrant, and they cited her there.
In other action between April 10 and 16, Vergennes police conducted seven patrols in cruisers and one on foot, nine traffic stops, one VIN inspection and one property watch; fingerprinted five job applicants; and also:
On April 10:
• Took a call reporting a missing juvenile, but quickly learned it was unfounded.
• Conducted a pre-employment background check for another law enforcement agency.
On April 11:
• Took a report from a driver for insurance purposes of a vehicle hitting a deer.
• Responded to a fender-bender in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot.
• Heard a request from a drunken woman who wanted a ride from Middlebury after an argument with her daughter; police declined, but calmed her and persuaded her to return to her home.
On April 12 helped state police by having a department Drug Recognition Expert evaluate a driver suspected of driving under the influence of drugs; the DRE’s opinion was that the driver was guilty of DUI.
On April 13:
• Conducted five commercial vehicle traffic stops on a special detail outside of the city.
• Looked unsuccessfully for the owner of a vehicle left locked and running for hours on Main Street.
On April 14:
• Responded to a three-car accident with minor damage at the intersection of Main and Green streets.
• Began investigating the reported theft of a custom Baha 90cc motorbike from a New Haven Road back yard.
On April 16 told a group of people with a car parked behind the Bixby Library they probably should move along.
Two Leicester men shot in targeted attacked; one killed
Shooting near Leicester Four Corners on Sunday night leaves one man dead, another in criti … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Driver killed in crash identified
On May 24, after the deadline for the last print edition of the Independent, Vermont State … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI following accident
Middlebury police cited Stephen M. Belanger, 29, of Middlebury for driving under the influ … (read more)