Middlebury Police Log for Jan. 5
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police launched an investigation into the cause of a car-versus-tree accident off Case Street on Dec. 27. Police said the driver was taken to Porter Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with an unresponsive man on Dec. 26.
• Investigated a report of a domestic disturbance in the South Village Green neighborhood on Dec. 26.
• Received a report of a utility line down across Weybridge Street on Dec. 27.
• Checked on the welfare of a Washington Street resident on Dec. 28 after that person had allegedly sent out “concerning messages,” according to police. The person was OK.
• Responded to a report of a tree that had fallen on Halladay Road on Dec. 29.
• Received a report that a vehicle recently reported stolen in Middlebury had been recovered in Rutland on Dec. 29.
• Investigated a report on Dec. 29 of a local resident’s credit cards being used after having recently been stolen.
• Enforced Middlebury’s overnight winter parking ban in the downtown on Dec. 29 and again on Dec. 31.
• Helped a local family obtain mental health services on Dec. 30.
• Helped calm a family dispute at a Maecliff Court residence on Dec. 30.
• Checked on a report of a person driving erratically on Court Street on Dec. 30.
• Helped defuse a dispute between Jayne Court neighbors on Dec. 30.
• Responded to a report of a youth who had been breaking things in their family home off Munson Road on Dec. 31.
• Received a report on Jan. 1 about a drunken person causing a disturbance at a family member’s home off Court Street.
• Checked the welfare of a local person who had allegedly threatened self-harm on Jan. 1.
• Checked on a vehicle in a ditch off Three Mile Bridge Road on Jan. 1. Police said the person had apparently fallen asleep while driving.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with the successful resuscitation of a suspected narcotic-overdose victim off Green Mountain Drive on Jan. 2.
Two people were sent to the hospital — one by helicopter — after their car went off Route … (read more)
A West Street resident reported to Vergennes police on Jan. 19 that between $75 and $120 w … (read more)
Middlebury police helped Counseling Service of Addison County officials with a client who … (read more)