Vergennes Police Log for Dec. 15
VERGENNES — Vergennes police dealt with a variety of incidents between Dec. 5 and 11, including refereeing family discord and juveniles disagreeing with one another, conducting welfare checks and responding to car accidents.
In that week, Vergennes police conducted six traffic stops, a VIN inspection and one vehicle patrol; responded to four false alarms and one 911 hang-up call; fingerprinted six job applicants; and also:
On Dec. 5:
• Took a complaint about early morning speeding on Green Street.
• Heard from a Burlington woman that her Vergennes daughter was refusing to let her visit her grandchildren. Police said there were issues to be resolved and suggested a visit to Family Court in Burlington.
On Dec. 6:
• At the request of a neighbor checked the welfare of a North Green Street resident and learned he was OK.
• Determined that a complaint filed by a South Water Street resident of hidden cameras in her apartment was unfounded. Police suggested the resident speak with the Counseling Service of Addison County, and also brought her case to the attention of Project Vision North social service agencies.
• Responded to a report of two juveniles involved in a dispute at the Champlain Farms store that included one spitting on the other; the case remains open.
On Dec. 7:
• Checked the welfare of a South Street woman on behalf of a family member and learned she was OK.
• Took a report of a fender-bender in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot for insurance purposes.
On Dec. 9:
• Issued a no-trespass order to an unwanted patron of the Maplefields convenience store.
• Responded to a two-vehicle accident on Main Street.
• Took a report from an Armory Lane resident that an estranged relative had made an unwanted visit bringing flowers and an envelope containing vulgar, but not threatening, remarks.
• On Dec. 10 helped Vermont State Police by providing a department Drug Recognition Expert to evaluate an impaired-driving suspect at the department’s station.
Vergennes police on Sept. 19 cited a man with a Ferrisburgh address for domestic assault a … (read more)
Vermont State Police arrested a Bridport man and cited him for harming a housemate, and th … (read more)
Middlebury police last week spent a lot of time responding to complaints about a small com … (read more)