Middlebury Police Log: Area juvenile cited for possession after stop
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police on Oct. 27 cited a juvenile with possession of marijuana following a traffic stop on Washington Street.
Police said they seized approximately 4.5 ounces of marijuana from the youth. Police said they gave court diversion paperwork to a second youth in the vehicle for having consumed alcohol.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a report of a retail theft at a Court Street business on Oct. 24.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS (MREMS) with an overdose patient on North Pleasant Street on Oct. 24.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local woman on Oct. 24.
• Spoke with a Willard Street resident who on Oct. 24 was concerned that someone might have been stealing their firewood.
• Received a report about a non-student allegedly causing problems at the Middlebury College library on Storrs Avenue on Oct. 25.
• Assisted a South Village Green business that had complained about unwanted skateboarders on their property on Oct. 25.
• Arrested Dillon M. McDougall, 25, of Leicester on an outstanding warrant on Oct. 25.
• Investigated a report of someone spray painting the underside of the Cross Street Bridge on Oct. 25.
• Tried to find a white box truck that was allegedly being operated erratically on Route 7 South on Oct. 25.
• Assisted a houseless person who was looking for local housing options on Oct. 26.
• Received a report about two trucks being operated unsafely at the intersection of Charles Avenue and Duane Court on Oct. 26.
• Investigated a domestic dispute at a South Village Green residence on Oct. 26.
• Assisted MREMS with a patient who was experiencing a mental health crisis on Oct. 27.
• Assisted Middlebury College Public Safety with a trespassing complaint on campus on Oct. 27.
• Served a no-trespass order on Oct. 27 on a person who wasn’t wanted on Middlebury Union High School property.
• Helped defuse a dispute between two MUHS students on Oct. 27.
• Destroyed suspected drug baggies that had been found by someone walking off Deerfield Lane on Oct. 27.
• Arrested Christopher Gallant, 38, of Weybridge on an outstanding warrant, in the Exchange Street area on Oct. 28.
• Received a complaint on Oct. 28 from a local woman who believed someone might have stolen money from her bank account.
• Investigated a reported burglary at Rice Restaurant on Seymour Street business during the night of Oct. 27-28. Anyone with information on this case should call Officer Chris Mason at 802-388-3191.
• Assisted Castleton police with an investigation at Porter Medical Center on Oct. 30.
• Assisted Charter House Emergency Shelter officials with an unwanted person on their North Pleasant Street property on Oct. 30.
• Responded to a report of two men who said they felt threatened while on Main Street on Oct. 30.
• Found a “large amount” of trash at the side of Case Street on Oct. 30. Police said they couldn’t find any clues within the trash to identify who had dumped it.
• Responded to a domestic disturbance at an Elm Street home on Oct. 29.
• Responded to a disturbance at an Elm Street home on Oct. 29.
Vergennes police last week dealt with a case of a stolen car and an allegation of a sexual … (read more)
When someone called Vermont State Police last Friday at around 10:35 a.m. to report a susp … (read more)