Vermont State Police Log: Police respond to a three-car accident
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police dealt with a three-car crash on Route 7 that sent two people to the hospital, but resulted in only one minor injury on Aug. 3.
At around 5 p.m. that day troopers from the New Haven barracks responded to the crash on Route 7 north of its intersection with Middlebrook Road in Ferrisburgh. Police report a 2010 Subaru Legacy driven by a 16-year-old was stopped in the southbound lane, and a 2003 VW Golf was stopped behind the Subaru. A southbound 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Patricia Jannene, 66, of Cornwall came up behind the Golf and was unable to stop in time, police said. The Jeep struck the Golf, which then struck the Subaru.
Jannene was taken to Porter Hospital for treatment of suspected minor injuries; the driver of the Golf was also taken to the hospital as a precaution. The Jeep sustained front-end damage; the other two cars were judged to be total losses.
Police said they would issue Jannene a traffic ticket for following too closely.
Troopers were assisted at the scene by members of the Ferrisburgh Fire Department and Vergennes Area Rescue Squad.
In other recent activity, Vermont State Police:
- On Aug. 1, responded to a different crash involving three cars, though only one of them was being driven at the time. State police report that at around 9:35 p.m., Margaret Roddy, 54, of Waltham, was driving a 2016 Subaru Forrester northbound on Route 7 when she suffered a medical event. Roddy’s car left the road and struck a Subaru Impreza and Chevy pickup parked in the driveway of a home at the intersection of Route 7 and Lime Kiln Road. Roddy’s car then struck the home owned by Jacob Davis.
No injuries were reported as a result of the crash, but Roddy was taken to Porter Medical Center as a precaution, according to police.
- On Aug. 2, reported that a car stolen from Bristol had been located. The green Toyota Highlander had been reported stolen from the pull-off at Bartlett Falls in Bristol. On Aug. 1 at around 9:30 p.m., Burlington police found the SUV abandoned on Drew Street in Burlington. Police continue to investigate the theft and ask anyone with information on the crime to contact the New Haven barracks at 802-399-4919.
- On Aug 2 at 7:23 p.m., got a report of a family disturbance on Lake Dunmore Road in Salisbury. Police said their investigation indicated Kim Schroeder, 61, of Salisbury had caused bodily injury to a family member. Police cited Schroeder for domestic assault.
- On Aug. 3 at around 11:30 p.m., stopped a vehicle on Cross Street in Middlebury for an alleged traffic infraction. Police cited Andrew Cousino, 39, of Bristol for driving under the influence.
- On Aug. 4, issued a citation as a result of investigation of an incident this past winter. On Feb. 28, Vermont State Police were notified of a suspected cruelty case involving a juvenile. Troopers initiated an investigation and cited Carrie Putnam, 37, of Ferrisburgh for cruelty to a child and furnishing or enabling consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Vergennes police are investigating a $4,878.89 check cashed at a local bank on Sept. 20 th … (read more)
A fight at a Bristol home this past Sunday afternoon resulted in charges for both combatan … (read more)
Middlebury police apprehended Megan Smith on Halpin Road at a little after 6 p.m. on Sept. … (read more)