Middlebury Police Log for Jul. 7
July 7, 2022
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Eli W. Billings, 20, of Middlebury for driving under the influence of drugs. They issued the citation following a traffic stop for defective equipment on Cross Street on June 28.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Assisted Vermont State Police on a June 27 call to Smead Road in Salisbury involving a drunken man who was out of control.
- Served a court order on a person in the Halladay Road area on June 27.
- Were asked to intervene in a dispute between Lower Foote Street neighbors on June 27. The complaint involved nuisance cats and invasion of privacy, according to police.
- Assisted a person who was concerned on June 27 about child custody exchanges.
- Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS on a medical call in the Court Street area on June 27.
- Received a report about someone driving erratically on Court Street Extension on June 28.
- Investigated a report of someone driving erratically on College Street on June 28.
- Investigated a two-car crash at the intersection of Court Street and Creek Road on June 28.
- Received a report on June 28 about someone hacking a local person’s Facebook account and sending inappropriate images to the person’s contacts.
- Investigated a report about two people arguing in the lobby of a Boardman Street business on June 28.
- Assisted with an eviction from a Route 7 South property on June 28.
- Received reports of vehicles speeding on Seminary Street on June 29.
- Served court paperwork on a man at a Court Street residence on June 29.
- Investigated a vandalism complaint at a Halladay Road property on June 29. Police said someone had damaged no-trespassing signs and dumped trash at the site.
- Cited Alexey Manashov, 30, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, following a traffic stop at the intersection of East Main Street and Route 7 South on June 29. Police said they measured Manashov’s blood-alcohol content at 0.117%; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
- Assisted a driver whose car had broken down on Main Street on June 30.
- Investigated a car-versus-motorcycle collision with minor injuries on Ossie Road on June 30.
- Assisted a person concerned about an elderly relative driving unsafely on Lower Plains Road toward East Middlebury on July 1.
- Received a report about a pet ferret loose on Mill Street on July 1. Police said the animal was gone upon their arrival.
- Assisted a person who had received a suspicious text message on July 1.
- Were asked to intervene during an argument between a child and a parent in the Lower Plains Road area on July 1.
- Interviewed a person who was bitten by a dog while running on South Street Extension on July 1. Police said the dog’s vaccination status was confirmed.
- Assisted Vermont State Police making a drunken driving stop on Route 125 in Ripton on July 2.
- Responded to a noise complaint associated with fireworks being set off in the Court Street area during the evening of July 2.
- Cited Guy Beck, 21, of Salisbury for being in violation of his conditions of release in the Elm Street area on July 2.
- Cautioned a man who was in violation of the town’s open container law on Main Street on July 2.
- Responded to a report of a man arguing with others in Court Square on July 2.
- Restored the peace following a domestic disturbance in the Elizabeth Court area on July 2.
- Investigated a report of a person entering unoccupied construction equipment on Washington Street on July 2.
- Responded a report of someone lighting off fireworks that struck a truck in the Ledgewood Court area on July 3.
Vergennes Police Log: Unresponsive driver cited for DUI
Vergennes police on March 16 cited a Middlebury man for driving under the influence of alc … (read more)
Vermont State Police Log: Domestic disturbance ends in citation, jail
This past Sunday evening at around 5:15 p.m., Vermont State Police received the report of … (read more)
Middlebury Police Log: Man faces charges after alleged assault
After responding to a March 17 report of a domestic disturbance on Valley View Drive, Midd … (read more)