Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for DUI after crash
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Peter Foley, 22, of Bristol for driving under the influence, following a single-vehicle crash on Case Street on April 30.
Police said they also cited Foley for attempting to elude a police officer while driving in a “gross negligent manner.”
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
- Investigated a single-vehicle crash, with injuries resulting, on Case Street on April 25.
- Responded, with Middlebury Regional EMS, to help a person injured in a bicycle crash on Seymour Street on April 25.
- Searched in vain for a possible drunken driver traveling on Court Street on April 25.
- Responded to a noise complaint on Danyow Drive on April 25.
- Helped a person get into their locked Court Street home on April 26.
- Assisted the Counseling Service of Addison County in serving a court order on April 26 on a person in need of mental health treatment.
- Responded to a report about a man experiencing a mental health crisis in the Court Street area on April 26.
- Announced on April 27 that the Addison County Unit for Special Investigations was probing an incident involving a minor child.
- Responded to a report of a naked man entering a Court Street residence during the night of April 27. Police said the man had left and run into a different building upon their arrival. The case remains under investigation.
- Received a complaint about people playing music while congregating on the front lawn of a home at the intersection of South Pleasant and Cross streets at 11:30 p.m. on April 28.
- Cited Randy A. McEntee, 27, of Middlebury for the alleged violation of an abuse prevention order stemming from an event on Buttolph Drive on April 28.
- Returned a loose dog to its owner on April 28.
- Began an investigation on April 29 into a theft complaint resulting from fraud from a bank account.
- Assisted an elderly woman who had locked herself out of her Court Street home on April 29.
- Investigated the reported theft of packages from a Halladay Road resident’s mailbox on April 29.
- Received a report about vehicles speeding on Ossie Road on April 29.
- Received a report of an alleged sexual assault in the Court Street Extension area on April 29.
- Flagged a truck that was releasing debris from a tow-behind trailer on Route 7 South on April 29. Police said Vergennes police stopped the vehicle later in its travels.
- Responded to a noise complaint — as well as a report of people urinating on property — in the North Pleasant Street area on April 30.
- Checked a report of a suspicious vehicle on Quarry Road on May 1.
- Responded to a report of a verbal dispute between people in a vehicles parked off Merchants Row on May 1.
- Helped Middlebury firefighters at a fire off Cobble Road on May 1.
- Stood by during a demonstration in a parking lot off Court Street on May 1. Police said one “agitator” left the area upon their arrival, and that the event carried on in a peaceful manner.
- Cited Douglas Campbell, 25, of Middlebury for simple assault, following an incident in the Danyow Drive area on May 1. Police said Campbell will answer to the charge in Vermont Superior Court, criminal division, on June 27.
VERMONT — Vermont State Police responded to reports of cars parked on Lake Dunmore Road ne … (read more)
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Jessica L. Devoid, 41, for providing false informatio … (read more)
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on May 14 responded to Valley Vista facility in Alden Place t … (read more)