Middlebury Police Log: Driver cited for suspended license
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Micah Pratt, 37, of Middlebury for driving with a criminally suspended license, following a traffic stop on Route 7 South on Feb. 24.
In other action last week, Middlebury police ticketed vehicles in violation of the town’s winter parking ban in downtown Middlebury on Feb. 24, 25, 26 and 28, and also:
- Monitored Cady Road on Feb. 21 following recent complaints of speeding and other traffic violations.
- Assisted a local person with disposal of an unwanted firearm on Feb. 21.
- Helped a woman who had been experiencing problems with an ex-boyfriend on Feb. 21.
- Responded with Middlebury Regional EMS to a Birchard Park residence for a medical call on Feb. 22.
- Euthanized an injured deer on North Pleasant Street on Feb. 22.
- Responded to report of someone driving erratically on Exchange Street area on Feb. 22.
- Investigated a driver for allegedly trying to elude police following an attempted traffic stop at the intersection of Court and Cross streets on Feb. 23.
- Were informed of the theft of a crystal vase by an unknown person from a Marble Works business on Feb. 23.
- Investigated an allegation of a person violating a no-trespass notice in the Washington Street area on Feb. 23.
- Were informed of the theft of a large No Parking sign from a Creek Road business on Feb. 24.
- Investigated a theft complaint lodged by a John Graham Court resident on Feb. 24.
- Searched in vain for a vehicle that someone had been driving erratically on Feb. 24.
- Investigated the reported violation of an abuse prevention order in the Court Street area on Feb. 24.
- Arrested Timothy Farr, 68, whom police described as homeless, on an active arrest warrant for failure to appear in court on Feb. 24.
- Assisted a person who had driven off of Quarry Road on Feb. 25.
- Logged the Feb. 25 report of the theft of two license plates from a Lower Planes Road property.
- Assisted a South Pleasant Street resident who wanted a no-trespass notice served on another person on Feb. 25.
- Assisted a person who had driven off Route 7 South on Feb. 25.
- Responded to the South Village Green apartments on Feb. 25 to a reported domestic dispute.
- Were informed of a theft from a Court Street business on Feb. 26.
- Checked on a person having a mental health crisis in the Merchants Row area on Feb. 26.
- Connected a person to food and other vital services on Feb. 26.
- Responded to the report of a family disturbance at a Court Street residence on Feb. 26.
- Followed up on a noise complaint about dump trucks that were moving snow in the South Street Extension area during the late evening of Feb. 27.
- Assisted a local person who was having an issue with an ex-spouse about child care visitation on Feb. 27.
- Assisted a local person who believed she had been the victim of a scam over the phone on Feb. 27.
- Helped a person experiencing a mental health crisis on Feb. 27.
- Arrested Daryn Barsalou, 25, of Middlebury on an instate arrest warrant on Feb. 28. Police said Barsalou was released on citation after posting $200 bail.
Between Jan. 23 and 29 Vergennes police conducted 19 traffic stops. City police have said … (read more)
Criminals broke into the building that houses foreign workers at Sunrise Orchards in Cornw … (read more)
Middlebury police last Tuesday responded to a report of a body located in a vehicle on Cas … (read more)