Middlebury Police Log: Woman cited for DUI after traffic stop
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury Police cited Cathy Vargas, 47, of Middlebury, for driving under the influence, following a stop on Court Street on July 14. Police said Vargas declined to submit to an evidentiary test. Police said they also cited Vargas with unlawful mischief in connection with the investigation.
In other action last week, Middlebury Police:
• Investigated a reported argument between a man and woman at a Route 7 south location on July 12.
• Assisted Porter Hospital staff with an unruly juvenile on July 12.
• Helped a person dealing with mental health issues in the Main Street area on July 12.
• Helped a dementia patient in the Eastview Terrace neighborhood on July 12.
• Responded to a report of a man acting aggressively in the Court Street Extension area on July 12. Police said the man was experiencing a mental health episode.
• Mediated a landlord-tenant dispute related to lawn mowing at a Route 7 south property on July 12.
• Convinced a drunken man to leave a Court Street apartment where he was no longer welcome on July 13.
• Investigated two separate retail thefts reported in the Court Street area on July 13.
• Responded to a report of a dog running at large on Boardman Street on July 14.
• Investigated an alleged assault in the Valley View Drive area on July 14.
• Responded to a report of a drunken man allegedly refusing to leave a Court Street property on July 14. Police said they restored the peace.
• Assisted a man involved in a dispute on July 14 about an animal that was turned over to the Addison County Humane Society.
• Were told of alleged drug activity in the parking lot off Macintyre Lane on July 14.
• Received a report about a drunken man allegedly yelling at women on Merchants Row on July 14. Police said the man boarded a bus to Rutland.
• Served a no-trespass order on a drunken man sitting outside a Washington Street business on July 14.
• Served a no-trespass order on July 14 on a local person not wanted at a Court Street business.
• Responded to a report of a large snake in front of the Charter House Coalition’s warming shelter off North Pleasant Street on July 15.
• Were asked to help search for a dog that had run away after having broken through a window in the Boardman Street neighborhood on July 15.
• Investigated a report of reckless driving on Route 7 south on July 15.
• Found, and returned to Porter Hospital, a patient who had left the campus while still in need of medical care on July 15.
• Checked on the welfare of two people found sleeping in the grass next to Mary Hogan Drive during the early evening of July 16.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a patient found in the restroom of a Court Street business on July 17.
• Released a squirrel that had become stuck in a cage off Weybridge Street on July 17.
• Warned a person who was driving erratically on Route 7 south on July 18.
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash with minor injuries at the intersection of Main and Seymour streets on July 18.
• Responded to a report of a loud party in the Cross Street area on July 18.
• Gave a ride home to a missing person who had been found in the Buttolph Drive area on July 19.
Vergennes police last week were twice called to deal with patients being dismissed from th … (read more)
Vermont State Police dealt with several motor vehicle incidents in the past week — some in … (read more)
Middlebury police responded to the report of a man exposing himself in the drive-through o … (read more)