Monkton news for Jul. 11
MONKTON — The Monkton Museum and Historical Society will be visiting the Lincoln and Bristol Historical Society Museums on Saturday, July 13. Anyone interested in joining the group for this tour is welcome. If you would like to carpool, be at the Monkton Town Hall by 9:15 a.m. on the 13th — the group will leave by 9:30 a.m. sharp.
If you wish to drive yourself, the plan is to be at the Lincoln Historical Society Museum, located on 88 Quaker Street, by 10 a.m. After visiting the Lincoln museum, the group will have lunch in Bristol, then go to the Bristol Historical Society Museum, located at Howden Hall, 19 West Street at 1 p.m.
If you are interested in going on this venture, RSVP by e-mail to [email protected] or call 482-2277 and leave your name, phone number, number of people attending and the number planning to have lunch with the group.
The Russell Memorial Library is offering “Five Weeks of Summer Fun!” Every week attendees will explore stories about space. This program will feature a “Universe of Stories,” beginning with the moon and continuing from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. each week with a different topic. The schedule is as follows:
• July 13: The Moon. The phases of the moon and why does the moon change?
• July 16: A special evening program viewing the moon through a telescope, weather permitting and time and place to be announced.
• July 20: Aliens. Are we alone in the universe? Who else might be out there? You may design your own alien to take home.
• July 27: Stars. You can examine the constellations and even design one. Learn about the night sky.
• Aug. 3: Astronauts. What do they wear? How do they eat and sleep in space? How do they land on a planet?
• Aug. 10: Planets. How many planets are there and where are they located in our universe?
Come join the librarians for this fun filled program. All are welcome For questions or more information, call the library during regular hours (listed in your town report on the back page) or call and leave a message at 453-4471.
The librarians want to remind summer readers to keep a list of the books you read and hand in your list at the school or the public library in the fall for a free gift from the Russell Memorial Library. Happy reading to all.
Have a news tip?
Call Liz Pecor @ 453-2180
Middlebury Regional Emergency Medical Services wants to eliminate its annual Town Meeting … (read more)
Middlebury police are investigating the death of a Middlebury College junior and say the p … (read more)