Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury man cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Bruce T. Counihan, 58, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, following a traffic stop on Route 7 South on June 2.
Police said they measured Counihan’s blood-alcohol level at 0.105 percent; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Joined other emergency responders at the Ilsley Library on May 27 at 10:22 a.m., when someone had falsely pulled the fire alarm.
• Were informed that a hand railing at the Sarah Partridge Community Library in East Middlebury had been vandalized on May 27. The case remains under investigation.
• Helped Vermont State Police at the scene of a motorcycle accident in Weybridge on May 27.
• Assisted a person who was having some mental health challenges in the Lindale Circle area on May 27.
• Responded to a complaint about gunshots in the Burnham Drive neighborhood on May 27.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a man who had been experiencing alcohol withdrawal symptoms near the intersection of Bakery Lane and Cross Street on May 27.
• Helped a parent whose child had refused to go to school on May 28.
• Confiscated some phony currency from a Mary Hogan School student on May 28. Police said the play money looked quite realistic.
• Responded to a report about two men arguing at the Middlebury Veterans of Foreign Wars headquarters on Exchange Street on May 28. Police located the men, who said they had resolved their differences.
• Helped state police at the scene of an accident on Route 7 in Salisbury on May 29.
• Responded to a domestic argument a Halladay Road home on May 29. One of the household members left the home.
• Stood by while a truck driver picked up some mattresses that had fallen off his vehicle while driving on North Pleasant Street on May 30.
• Received a report that someone had sprayed paint on the side of the Champlain Farms store on Court Street on May 30.
• Responded to Middlebury Union Middle School officials’ request for help in removing a student from the campus on May 30. Police said the student left with a parent.
• Helped evacuate some elderly people from an Exchange Street building that contained smoke during the afternoon of May 30.
• Responded to a reported dispute involving some Cross Street neighbors on May 30.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a patient on Court Street on May 30.
• Helped a parent with an uncooperative juvenile on Mary Hogan School grounds on May 31.
• Responded to a report of a fight between a man and a woman in the Bakery Lane area on May 31. Police said witnesses told them it was a verbal argument. Authorities said they were unable to locate the two people in question.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a man in the Halladay Road area on May 31.
• Investigated a report of a “suspicious” man near the Addison Central Teens center off Mary Hogan Drive on May 31. Police said the man had left upon their arrival.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a man believed to have suffered a seizure in Court Square on June 1.
• Responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on Exchange Street on June 1.
• Helped Vermont State Police screen a person for potential drunken driving on Charles Avenue on June 3.
• Helped a man who was experiencing a mental health crisis at a Jayne Court residence on June 3. Police said the man was taken to Porter Hospital to meet with Counseling Service of Addison County officials.
• Responded to a fraud complaint at an East Main Street location on June 3.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.