Middlebury Police Log: Police respond to alleged assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police on Feb. 7 responded to a report of a patient allegedly assaulting a Porter Hospital employee. Police are investigating the matter.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a person who was in need of medical attention on South Pleasant Street on Feb. 4.
• Investigated a minor two-vehicle crash at the intersection of North Pleasant and Elm streets on Feb. 4.
• Assisted a local resident whose ATM debit card might have been used fraudulently on Feb. 4.
• Met on Feb. 4 with leaders of the Champlain Valley Academy who wanted to make police aware of case involving a student who they said had recently been verbally abusive and had committed vandalism.
• Received a report of a potential identity theft in the South Street area on Feb. 4.
• Investigated a report of a vehicle striking a building on Route 7 North on Feb. 4. Police said no on was injured.
• Served a no-trespass order on Feb. 5 on a man who was not wanted at the McDonald’s Restaurant on Court Street Extension. Police said the man had refused to leave the restaurant after having been asked to do so.
• Ticketed several vehicles parked on College Street during the early morning of Feb. 5 in violation of the town’s winter parking ban.
• Responded to what police described as a minor two-vehicle collision on Route 7 South on Feb. 5. Police said Middlebury Regional EMS took one of the drivers to Porter Hospital for treatment of a minor injury.
• Found Sheila Austin, 63, deceased in a Sugarwood Court residence on Feb. 6. Police said they found Austin during the course of a requested check on her welfare, and said her death has been attributed to a medical event.
• Investigated a report of a man laying on the side of Route 7 South, near the Three Mile Bridge Road intersection, at around 8:15 p.m. on Feb. 6. Police located the man and said he was OK.
• Investigated a report of an allegedly intoxicated man waiting at the Addison County Transit Resources bus stop on Academy Street on Feb. 7. Police said the man wasn’t intoxicated.
• Launched an investigation into an allegation of a person circulating an “inappropriate” video on Middlebury Union High School campus on Feb. 7.
• Gave a ride home to a drunken man who was not wanted at a Valley View Drive apartment on Feb. 7.
• Responded to a report of a man allegedly removing items from a Seymour Street apartment on Feb. 8. Police said the matter is under investigation.
• Served a no trespass order on a man who had allegedly made inappropriate comments to a Middlebury College employee on Feb. 8.
• Received a report that someone had removed a catalytic converter from a vehicles that had been parked at a Route 7 South business on Feb. 8.
• Received a complaint about a vehicle that had been left running in a South Gorham Lane driveway for an extended period of time on Feb. 9. Police said they believe the vehicle had been left running due to an electrical issue.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75