Bristol Police Log for Sept. 6
BRISTOL — Between Aug. 13 and 26, Bristol police completed 17 foot and car patrols at various locations, namely on Mountain Street, Main Street and surrounding areas, including near Bristol Elementary School, as well as in the eastern part of the police district.
Officers also completed 9 hours and 15 minutes of directed patrol, traffic enforcement and patrols of the police district and the town under a town contract.
During that same period, officers checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School six times, completed 13 fingerprint requests, verified four vehicle identification numbers and conducted four business checks on Main Street and surrounding areas.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Aug. 14 secured an unsecured local building and notified the key holder.
• On Aug. 15 responded to a reported alarm at a local business and determined it to be a false alarm.
• On Aug. 15 during a foot patrol recovered a lost credit card and contacted the owner.
• On Aug. 15 initiated an investigation into a report of disorderly conduct via electronic communication.
• On Aug. 16 responded to a reported noise disturbance and determined that no action rose to the level of an offense.
• On Aug. 17 received the report of a missing person, who was found before law enforcement involvement became necessary.
• On Aug. 17 received a vandalism complaint. Investigation is ongoing.
• On Aug. 18 assisted the Bristol Highway Department by directing traffic during a water main break on Pine Street.
• On Aug. 18 helped a group get into a room within the town offices for a scheduled use.
• On Aug. 18 cited Jessica Martell for driving with a criminally suspended license. Martell was ordered to appear in Addison Superior Court at a later date.
• On Aug. 18 responded to a minor incident in the Shaw’s parking lot. Report is forthcoming.
• On Aug. 19 assisted Vermont State Police.
• On Aug. 19 assisted the Bristol Rescue Squad.
• On Aug. 19 issued parking tickets after receiving a complaint.
• On Aug. 19 assisted a citizen with an issue.
• On Aug. 19 received a vehicle key that had been found in the Rite Aid parking lot. The owner can contact Bristol police at (802) 453-2533.
• On Aug. 19 began investigating a report of something suspicious.
• On Aug. 20 received a cellphone found in the Bristol town park. The owner can contact Bristol police at (802) 453-2533.
• On Aug. 20 investigated an abandoned vehicle in a local parking lot and spoke to the lot manager, who will address the issue.
• On Aug. 20 helped a local business resolve an issue with a check presented for payment.
• On Aug. 20 responded to an alarm activation at a local business and determined that all was secure and that the alarm resulted from equipment malfunction.
• On Aug. 20 assisted the Vergennes Police Department.
• On Aug. 21 assisted the Essex Police Department.
• On Aug. 21 helped a local business with a check issue.
• On Aug. 21 investigated a report of erratic driving but detected no signs of impairment.
• On Aug. 21 assisted Vermont State Police.
• On Aug. 21 responded to an audible alarm at a local business and determined that it was due to equipment malfunction.
• On Aug. 22 recovered and released to its owner a dog that was running at large on Route 116 North near the Bristol-Starksboro line.
• On Aug. 22 responded to a request for enforcement of a family court order. No law enforcement action was taken.
• On Aug. 22 housed a loose dog in the pound, then released it to its owner.
• On Aug. 22 initiated an investigation into an attempted burglary of a building.
• On Aug. 23 completed webinar training on technology-related incidents and tools for use in related investigations.
• On Aug. 24 assisted a state agency with a child welfare check.
• On Aug. 25 facilitated the return of a lost wallet.
• On Aug. 25 reunited with its owner a dog that was reported to have escaped from its yard.
• On Aug. 25 stopped, then towed, an unregistered, uninsured vehicle without plates on Rocky Dale Road.
• On Aug. 25 assisted Vermont State Police.
• On Aug. 25 responded to a suspicious occurrence but discovered nothing that rose to the level of an offense.
• On Aug. 26 assisted a person who was locked out of their vehicle.
• On Aug. 26 investigated a report of erratic driving but detected no signs of impairment.
• On Aug. 26 recovered a cellphone from the Pleasant Street area. The owner can contact Bristol police at (802) 453-2533.
• On Aug. 26 secured an unsecure property.
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75