Middlebury: Car dealership reports vandalism
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police investigated a vandalism report at Foster Motors on Route 7 South on Aug. 23.
Police said someone had damaged some vehicles at the business.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Received a report on Aug. 20 abut a person allegedly living in a Seminary Street Extension home that should be vacant. Police found the individual, who wasn’t trespassing but was under the landlord’s orders to move out.
• Responded to a report of a runaway juvenile in the Exchange Street area on Aug. 20.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a person in the Thomas Street area on Aug. 20.
• Heard from a Juniper Lane resident on Aug. 21 who reported a person knocking on his elderly neighbor’s door late at night.
• Responded to a report of a woman shouting on the town green on Aug. 21.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Danyow Drive residence on Aug. 22. Police said a barking dog was creating the noise. Police said the owner took his dog inside.
• Assisted two parents involved in a custody dispute at a Valley View home on Aug. 22. Police said they advised the parents to resolve their differences in Family Court.
• Found a vehicle on Grist Mill Road on Aug. 22 that had been reported stolen in Washington County.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Cedar Court area on Aug. 23.
• Told a group of panhandlers to vacate the entrance of Hannaford Supermarket on Aug. 23.
• Helped calm a youth who was causing a disturbance in Catamount Park on Aug. 23.
• Received a report someone had allegedly tried to break through the back door of a Lindale Circle home on Aug. 24.
• Investigated a report of a vehicle operating erratically on Route 7 South on Aug. 24. Police said they couldn’t find such a vehicle.
• Responded to a report of a gunshot heard in the Buttolph Drive area on Aug. 25. Police said they found no source for the alleged gunfire.
• Assisted a family with an out-of-control child in the Seminary Street area on Aug. 26.
RIPTON — The memorial service in celebration of the life of Rev. Wayne Alfred Holsman, 87, … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.