MUHS boys’ tennis defeats BFA, will earn high seed
ST. ALBANS — The Middlebury Union High School boys’ tennis team defeated host BFA St. Albans on Wednesday, 6-1. The Tigers improved to 7-3 heading into a scheduled match on Friday at Harwood that occurred after the deadline for this newspaper.
Depending on that result, weather permitting, and results elsewhere, the Tigers should be seeded between No. 5 and No. 8 for the Division I tournament and host at least one match. The Vermont Principals’ Association will announce pairings on Wednesday.
In individual matches this past Wednesday:
• At No. 1 singles, Mauricio Gonzalez (MUHS) defeated Hunter Harris, 6-0, 6-0.
• At No. 2 singles, Jesse Rubin (MUHS) defeated Garrett Boudreau, 6-3, 6-1.
• At No. 3 singles, Spencer Doran (MUHS) defeated Jacob Newman, 7-6, 7-6.
• At No. 4 singles, Loke Lanneskog (MUHS) defeated Jayden Bedard, 6-3, 6-3.
• At No. 5 singles, Hunter Munteanu (MUHS) defeated Nate Smullen, 6-4, 6-1.
• At No. 1 doubles, Danny Bouwens and Ian Bowler (BFA) defeated Andy Giorgio and Abel Anderson, 6-2, 1-6, 1-0.
• At No. 2 doubles, Drew Kiernan and Aiden Cole (MUHS) defeated Robbie Maher and Bennett St. Marie, 6-0, 6-1.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.