Vermont State Police Log: One hurt in three-vehicle crash
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police are looking into the cause of a three-vehicle crash on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh.
At a little before 3 p.m. that Thursday, troopers responded to the report of the crash at the intersection of Route 7 and Monkton Road in Ferrisburgh.
Carissa Berry, 29, of Vergennes told police that her Nissan Rogue was stopped at the red light at the intersection. Police said she told them that she wasn’t paying attention and assumed the light had turned green and proceeded to travel east through the intersection. Berry’s Nissan collided with a northbound Dodge Caliber, struck a guardrail and became lodged under a tractor-trailer that was stopped on the other side of the intersection.
Eric Hoffman, 48, of Vergennes, who was driving the Dodge Caliber, told police that he was driving 50 mph when he saw Berry’s Nissan going through the intersection and he slammed on his brakes, but to no avail.
The tractor-trailer driver, Paul Connor, 66, of Middlebury, described to police what he saw.
Only Berry was taken to the hospital; she was treated at Porter Hospital for treatment of unreported injuries. Hoffman and Connor were both uninjured.
State police do not believe that alcohol or drugs played a factor in the collision.
Troopers were assisted on scene by the Vergennes fire and police departments and the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad.
Police said civil charges were pending completion of an investigation.
In other recent activity, Vermont State Police:
• On May 5 cited Gregory Weisse, 32, of North Chittenden for trespassing at Branbury State Park in Salisbury and for giving false information to a police officer. Police report that Weisse entered several buildings at the state park without permission.
• On May 13 cited Russell Hulst, 58, of Rutland for driving with a criminally suspended license on Green Street in Waltham.
• On May 16 at approximately 10:42 p.m. were told to be on the lookout for a white Audi that had left a Bristol gas station where the driver was stumbling around. Troopers found the vehicle, stopped it on South Street in Bristol and cited Sarah Luke, 29, of Bristol for driving under the influence.
•On May 17 at around 10:30 p.m. stopped a vehicle on North Pleasant Street in Middlebury after observing a moving violation. Police cited Nicholas Peterson, 22, of Fairfax Station, Va., for driving under the influence.
• On May 20 at 10 minutes before 11 a.m. rushed to a one-car rollover crash on Route 7 near Lotsawater Road in Salisbury. Police report that Raymond Sevigny, 72, of West Rutland was driving a 2009 Honda Civic southbound at approximately 55 mph when, for an undetermined reason, the car traveled left of center and into the opposing lane of travel, then left the traveled portion of the roadway. After leaving the roadway the vehicle became airborne for a short distance. After it hit the ground, the Civic overturned onto its roof, and then came to a position of uncontrolled rest in a culvert.
Drug and alcohol impairment do not appear to be contributing factors of this crash. Sevigny was transported to Porter Medical Center for further evaluation and treatment of a possible head injury.
Anyone who may have witnessed this crash is asked to contact the Vermont State Police barracks in New Haven at 802-388-4919.
Vermont State Police were assisted on scene by members of the Salisbury Fire Department, Middlebury Regional EMS and Middlebury Heavy Rescue.
• On May 20 at approximately 10:30 p.m. responded, with Vergennes police, to a domestic dispute at a Waltham home. Police arrested and cited Stephen Walter, 34, of Waltham for 1st degree aggravated domestic assault after hearing he had threated a person with a knife. He pleaded innocent to the charge the next day. See a full story on Page 11B.
• On May 22 took Christopher Sumner, 36, of Panton into custody because he had a warrant out for his arrest for failing to appear in court.
State police operating out of the New Haven barracks release a daily log of a selection of their activities. In Addison County, those activities included:
• May 8, threatening, Watch Point Road, Shoreham.
• May 8, suspicious person or circumstance, Market Road, Bridport.
• May 9, motor vehicle disturbances, Route 7 and Maple Run Road, Leicester.
• May 9, citizen assist, Bull Run Road, Lincoln.
• May 9, citizen assist, Route 7, New Haven.
• May 9, motor vehicle disturbances, South Lincoln Road, Lincoln.
• May 9, directed patrol, Otter Creek Highway and Route 7, New Haven.
• May 10, citizen assist, Lake Dunmore Road, Leicester.
• May 10, motor vehicle accident with injury, Route 7 and Monkton Road, Ferrisburgh.
• May 11, abandoned vehicle, Downingsville Road, Lincoln.
• May 11, alarm, Route 74E, Shoreham.
• May 12, motor vehicle disturbances, Route 53, Salisbury.
• May 12, motor vehicle disturbances, Crown Point Road, Bridport.
• May 12, directed patrol, Route 7, New Haven.
• May 12, phone offenses, North Main Street, Whiting.
• May 12, citizen assist, Morgan Horse Farm Road, Weybridge.
• May 13, directed patrol, Routes 22A and 17, Addison.
• May 13, consent search, Route 7 and Greenbush Road, Ferrisburgh.
• May 13, citizen assist, Downingsville Road, Lincoln.
• May 13, alarm, Route 22A, Bridport.
• May 13, directed patrol, South Middlebrook Road and Green Street, Waltham.
• May 13, driving with a criminally suspended license, Green Street, Waltham.
• May 14, citizen assist, Stove Pipe City Road, Panton.
• May 14, burglary/breaking and entering, Middlebrook Road, Ferrisburgh.
• May 14, lost or found property, Route 7, New Haven.
• May 14, larceny, Hooker Road, Leicester.
• May 14, citizen assist, Route 22A, Addison.
• May 14, alarm, Monkton Road, Ferrisburgh.
• May 14, agency assist, Kountry Trailer Park, Bristol.
• May 15, citizen assist, Upper Plains Road, Salisbury.
• May 15, suspicious person or circumstance, Route 116, Starksboro.
• May 16, suspicious person or circumstance, Lake Road, Panton.
• May 16, citizen assist, Shard Villa Road, Salisbury.
• May 17, citizen assist, Route 7, Leicester.
• May 17, larceny, Route 30, Cornwall.
• May 17, citizen assist, Satterly Road, Ferrisburgh.
• May 17, accident with damage, Hooker Road, Leicester.
• May 17, citizen assist, James Road, Cornwall.
• May 17, agency assist, Route 7, New Haven.
• May 18, simple assault, Shoreham Depot Road, Whiting.
• May 19, welfare check, Route 125, Bridport.
• May 20, aggravated assault, Meadows Edge, Starksboro.
• May 20, agency assist, Main Street, Vergennes.
• May 20, family disturbance, Crosby Heights, Waltham.
• May 21, motor vehicle disturbance, Route 7, New Haven.
• May 21, agency assist, Kountry Trailer Park, Bristol.
• May 21, communications offense, Knox Hill Road, Orwell.
• May 21, citizen assist, South Street, New Haven.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75