Vermont State Police Log: Leicester man cited for domestic assault, DUI
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police cited a Leicester man for domestic assault and drinking and driving this past weekend.
On Saturday, March 10, at 10 minutes before midnight, troopers from the New Haven barracks responded to a Leicester home for a report of a family fight.
Police looked into the report and decided that Bradleigh Helenhouse, 33, of Leicester had assaulted a household member, and he had operated a motor vehicle on a public highway while under the influence of alcohol. Authorities arrested Helenhouse, took him to the barracks for processing, cited him for domestic assault and driving under the influence (second offense), and lodged him at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility for lack of $2,500 bail.
Vermont State Police were assisted on scene by Middlebury police and the Brandon Area Rescue Squad.
In another case state police — with help from the Addison County Sheriff’s Department and Agency of Homeland Security Investigation — on March 9 executed a search warrant at the home of Colin Germain, 20, on Twitchell Hill Road in New Haven. Troopers arrested Germain cited him for violation of court issued conditions of release, and released him into the custody of the Agency of Homeland Security Investigations. This was the same day Germain was in U.S. District Court in Burlington facing federal charges of distribution of child pornography and assaulting a federal agent (see related story in Section A).
In other activity last week, troopers responded to Route 116 in Starksboro on March 12 at approximately 4:30 p.m. After investigating, police said they determined that Brandon Poquette, 18, of Starksboro, physically assaulted three people and also vandalized two vehicles. State police cited Poquette on three counts of simple assault and two counts of unlawful mischief, and released him.
State police operating out of the New Haven barracks release a daily log of a selection of their activities. In Addison County, those activities included:
• March 6, motor vehicle disturbances, Jersey Street at Route 17 West, Addison.
• March 6, motor vehicle disturbances, Route 7, Ferrisburgh.
• March 7, consent search, Route 7, New Haven.
• March 8, traffic crash, Upper Notch Road, Bristol.
• March 8, citizen assist, Kelley Cross Road, Salisbury.
• March 8, motor vehicle disturbances, Route 22A, Orwell.
• March 8, traffic crash, Long Point and Ashley roads, Ferrisburgh.
• March 8, traffic crash, Bristol Road, Monkton.
• March 9, accident with damage, Town Hill Road, Goshen.
• March 10, motor vehicle problem/disturbances, Routes 7 and 22A, Ferrisburgh.
• March 10, directed patrol, Route 7 and 22A, Ferrisburgh.
• March 10, 911 hang-up, Town Hill Road, New Haven.
• March 10, suspicious person or circumstance, Route 7, New Haven.
• March 10, DUI, Fern Lake Road, Leicester.
• March 10, citizen assist, Hardscrabble Road, Monkton.
• March 11, citizen assist, Route 7, Ferrisburgh.
• March 11, welfare check, Colorado Circle, Salisbury.
• March 11, citizen assist, Upper Plains Road, Salisbury.
• March 12, traffic crash, Route 30, Cornwall.
• March 12, citizen assist, Route 116, Starksboro.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.