Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury man cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Jason S. Bishop, 31, of Middlebury for driving under the influence (second offense), following a traffic stop at the intersection of Bakery Lane and Cross Street on Feb. 25.
Police report that Bishop’s blood alcohol content tested above the level for drunk driving in Vermont, which is 0.08 percent.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Helped a woman who visited Middlebury police headquarters on Feb. 19 complaining of a mental health issue.
• Responded to a report of a suicidal woman at a North Pleasant Street home on Feb. 20. Police said the woman was taken to Porter Hospital.
• Investigated a possible phone scam in East Middlebury on Feb. 20.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS at a Case Street home on Feb. 20.
• Helped a Middlebury College student who was receiving “unwanted electronic communication” on Feb. 21.
• Began an investigation into an alleged online scam reported by a Washington Street resident on Feb. 21.
• Responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on Court Street on Feb. 21.
• Investigated a hit-and-run incident involving two vehicles in a Washington Street parking lot on Feb. 22.
• Enforced the town’s winter parking ban on College Street on Feb. 22.
• Conducted a welfare check on a suicidal woman in East Middlebury on Feb. 23. Police said the woman was not there, but was located later in the Saranac Lake, N.Y., area.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a patient in the South Pleasant Street area on Feb. 23.
• Were informed of the alleged theft of a paycheck from a member of the Middlebury College community on Feb. 23.
• Helped Vermont Department For Children and Families officials check a Valley View Road home on Feb. 23.
• Were informed of a suspected domestic violence/stalking incident on Middlebury College campus on Feb. 23. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Were informed Two Brothers Tavern workers had confiscated a fake identification card from a customer on Feb. 23.
• Warned a man for having an open container of beer on Main Street on Feb. 23.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to an underage man who was found in possession of alcohol on Feb. 24.
• Helped Middlebury College Public Safety on Feb. 24 with three juveniles on campus who had been drinking alcohol.
• Responded on Feb. 24 to a report of a “noisy party” at a home on Weybridge Street featuring guests who were allegedly shouting and urinating in the yard. Police contacted one of the hosts, who was in the process of breaking up the party.
• Conducted a welfare check on a suicidal woman at a Valley View home on Feb. 24. Police put the woman in contact with Counseling Service of Addison County officials.
• Responded to a report of cars racing on the Middlebury State Airport runway at around 5:45 p.m. on Feb. 24.
• Arrested Kalyn T. Stephens, 44, of Tucker, Ga., on an active warrant out of Rutland County on Feb. 24.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Court Street area on Feb. 25.
• Helped a driver who had veered off Route 125 East on Feb. 25.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS officials with a man who was having trouble breathing in the South Village Green development on Feb. 25.
• Helped a local man who was having some mental health problems on Feb. 26. Police took the man to Porter Hospital to receive counseling services.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75