Bristol Police Log: Authorities seek help with hit-and-run
BRISTOL — At a little after 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 23, a citizen told a Bristol police officer about a hit-and-run crash that had occurred on Airport Drive at the intersection of West Street.
The vehicle that left the scene was described as a dark-colored Toyota or Honda passenger car; it was last seen traveling eastbound on West Street.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Bristol Police Department at 802-453-2533.
Between Jan. 22 and 28, Bristol police officers completed foot patrols in the village — including on Main and Mountain streets, Airport Drive and in the area around Bristol Elementary — 11 times; completed 20-60 minutes or more of town-contracted traffic patrol 10 times; checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School six times; and took fingerprints for volunteers or school employees five times.
In other activity in the last week of January, Bristol police:
• On Jan. 22 responded to a malfunctioning alarm at a police district business.
• On Jan. 22 assisted Bristol Rescue Squad staff during evaluation of a person.
• On Jan. 24 received a report from a person who said someone hit their parked car on Jan. 22 between 9 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. on School Street. Anyone with information on this is asked to call Bristol police.
• On Jan. 24 met with a local business to review security concerns.
• On Jan. 24 received a found debit card at the police department; the owner was located and card returned.
• On Jan. 24 initiated a missing person case; the person was located.
• On Jan. 25 received court paperwork to serve on a person.
• On Jan. 26 at 2:06 p.m. responded to Main Street for a report of a confused person having difficulty walking. The officer located the person and notified the rescue squad because the person had fallen and injured their shoulder.
• On Jan. 26 were told about threats received by an individual over social media. Investigation is ongoing.
• On Jan. 28 at 5:25 p.m. received a report of what sounded like several gunshots coming from area behind Mount Abe. Police checked the area and found nothing.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.