Vermont State Police Log: Injured snowmobile driver cited for DUI
ADDISON COUNTY — At just after 11:30 p.m. this past Friday, Jan. 19, Vermont State Police responded to a reported snowmobile accident on a VAST trail off Route 7 in Leicester. The driver of the snowmobile, identified as 26-year-old Jason Rowe of Brandon, was transported to Porter Hospital in Middlebury to receive treatment for a shoulder injury and minor cuts.
State police later talked with Rowe at the hospital and through further investigation determined that Rowe was under the influence of intoxicants while he was driving the snowmobile on the VAST trail. So they processed him and cited him into Addison County Superior Court, criminal division, on March 12 to answer the charge of driving under the influence.
The 2002 Polaris Pro X 600 that Rowe crashed sustained moderate front-end damage.
In other recent activity, Vermont State Police:
• On Jan. 15 at just past 7 p.m. stopped a grey 2008 Chevy Impala on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh after observing an equipment violation. Police detected signs of impairment in the driver, identified as Cassandra Folks, 29, of South Burlington. They screened her for DUI, arrested her and cited Folks for driving under the influence, second offense, and driving with a suspended license.
• On Jan. 17 at approximately 5:10 p.m. responded to a two-vehicle crash in the area of Route 116 and Mountain View Drive in Starksboro. Police said they determined that Timothy Moran, 43, of Pittsford lost control of the 2001 Dodge Durango he was driving due to icy road conditions; the pickup crossed the centerline and struck a 2006 Ford F-150 driven by 27-year-old James Mackinnon of Burlington. Although no one was injured, both vehicles were totaled.
• On Jan. 19 at just before 4 p.m. stopped a vehicle on Route 7 in Leicester and cited Matthew Billings, 34, of Cornwall for driving with a criminally suspended license and violation of conditions.
• On Jan. 20 at approximately 11:35 a.m. received a report of a one-car crash on Route 7 near River Road in New Haven. Police report that 18-year-old Sara Falconer of Valatie, N.Y., was driving a 2006 Chevy Equinox northbound on Route 7 in New Haven when she realized she was going to miss her right-hand turn onto River Road so Falconer abruptly turned the steering wheel, which caused her vehicle to go off the road. Once off the road the SUV overturned onto its roof. Falconer and her two teenage passengers were all wearing their seatbelts and no one was injured. The Equinox was considered a total loss and was towed from the scene. Police report that the road conditions were mostly dry with a few wet areas.
• On Jan. 23 at approximately 8:43 a.m. went to the Charlotte Central School to investigate a threatening complaint. State police said they learned that Bruce Cobb, 57, of Lincoln threatened a staff member of the school. The staff member alerted school officials who initiated school safety protocols. No threat was made toward the school nor toward any of the students at the school. Police cited Cobb for criminal threatening.
Vermont State Police release a daily log of a selection of their activities. In Addison County, those activities included:
• Jan. 15, motor vehicle/disturbances, Routes 17 and 17, New Haven.
• Jan. 15, motor vehicle/disturbances, Route 7, New Haven.
• Jan. 15, welfare check, Shackett Road, Leicester.
• Jan. 15, driving with a suspended license, Route 7 at Monkton Road, Ferrisburgh.
• Jan. 16, motor vehicle/disturbances, Routes 17 and 22A, Addison.
• Jan. 17, traffic crash with damages, Jersey Street South and Route 17, Addison.
• Jan. 17, motor vehicle/disturbances, Pearson and Campground roads, New Haven.
• Jan. 17, motor vehicle/disturbances, Route 7 at Hunt Road, New Haven.
• Jan. 17, agency assist, Creek Road at Dewey Road, Salisbury.
• Jan. 18, directed patrol, Routes 7 and 22A, Ferrisburgh.
• Jan. 18, directed patrol, Route 7 and Route 17, Addison.
• Jan. 18, alarm, Southwick Road, New Haven.
• Jan. 18, false alarm, Dog Team Road, New Haven.
• Jan. 18, motor vehicle disturbances, Route 116, Bristol.
• Jan. 18, traffic accident with injuries, Route 7 at Monkton Road, Ferrisburgh.
• Jan. 19, citizen assist, Pea Ridge Road, Ferrisburgh.
• Jan. 19, driving with a suspended license, Route 7 and Maple Street, Leicester.
• Jan. 19, vehicle serial number inspection, Route 30, Cornwall.
• Jan. 19, welfare check, Quaker Street, Lincoln.
• Jan. 19, traffic crash, Route 7 at Holman Road, Salisbury.
• Jan. 19, agency assist, Lapham Bay Road, Shoreham.
• Jan. 19, motor vehicle/disturbances, River Road, New Haven.
• Jan. 20, citizen assist, Pigeon Road East, Salisbury.
• Jan. 20, accident with damages, Route 7, New Haven.
• Jan. 21, animal problem, Vincent Drive, Bristol.
• Jan. 21, missing person, Bittersweet Falls Road, Weybridge.
• Jan. 21, directed patrol, Route 7 and Maple Run Road, Leicester.
• Jan. 21, 911 hang up, Hooker Road, Leicester.
• Jan. 22, motor vehicle/disturbances, Route 116 North, Bristol.
• Jan. 22, alarm, Dragon Brook Road, Ripton.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.