Local high schools run at Harwood Invitational
SOUTH DUXBURY — The Middlebury Union girls’ cross country team won the Varsity A Girls division at Saturday’s Harwood Co-Ed Invitational high school cross country meet, according to results on webscorer.com. The Tiger boys — paced by senior Sam Hodges’ individual first-place effort — finished second in the Varsity A Boys division.
The MUHS girls scored 43 points, ahead of South Burlington in second with 47 and Harwood third with 48. The Mount Abraham girls were fifth in Varsity A at 126 points. Tigers Caroline Kimble and Malia Hodges finished seventh and eighth, respectively, in the girls’ race.
The Harwood boys (30) cruised to win Varsity A, with the Tigers (66) and Vergennes (96) following. The Eagle boys were 7th (170) in Varsity A. Commodore Spencer Hurlburt (6th) joined Hodges in the top 10.
Webscorer.com showed boys’ winner Sam Hodges half a minute ahead of the next finisher (Milton senior Mike Ferro) in the 5K race.
The top-five scoring runners for each team and the three non-scoring runners for the VUHS girls and their times were:
• MUHS girls: Caroline Kimble, 21:47.4; Malia Hodges, 21:52.9;Isabel Olson, 22:46.1; Katherine Koehler, 23:25.2; Sofia Stefani, 23:52.4.
• VUHS girls: Emma Beauchemin, 24:20.0; Ashley Cray, 26:26.9; Olivia Hawkins, 26:58.2.
• Mount Abe girls: Ally Hoff, 25:40.8; Jasmin Gile, 26:58.2; Gillianne Ross, 28:00.7; Bailey Allard, 29:37.5; Izzy Emmons, 30:56.6.
• MUHS boys: Sam Hodges, 17:24.7; Julian Schmitt, 19:16.5; Thomas Nevins, 19:47.9; William Carpenter, 20:00.7; Nico Brayton, 20:17.8.
• VUHS boys: Spencer Hurlburt, 19:01.5; Wade Mullin, 19:34.7; Gabe Praamsma, 20:04.9; Erich Reitz, 21:03.6; Ben Praamsma, 22:43.4.
• Mount Abe boys: Aidan May, 20:23.4; Ryan Adams, 23:19.9, Liam Davison, 23:43.8; Brian Cousineau, 27:36.2; Caleb Hunter, 27:37.7.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.