Vergennes Police Log: City man cited for assault, unlawful mischief
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on Sept. 28 cited a city man for simple assault and unlawful mischief that they said stemmed from a dispute between two men over borrowing a friend’s car.
Cited was Eddie Mulliss, 23, for allegedly punching another man in the face and causing bruises and abrasions, an incident that occurred at a Mountain View Lane residence.
Police said he and the victim had debated in person and then over Facebook about the terms of Mulliss’s plans for the car once he had borrowed it. Mulliss was cited and released, police said.
In other action between Sept. 25 and Oct. 1, Vergennes police:
• On Sept. 28 dealt with an emotionally distraught East Street resident.
• On Sept. 28 searched unsuccessfully for a couple reported to be arguing in the downtown area.
• On Sept. 28 searched unsuccessfully for a woman reported to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol walking along Main and South Water streets.
• On Sept. 29 shortly after midnight told skateboarders to leave the Vergennes Union Elementary School parking lot due to noise concerns.
• On Sept. 29 dealt with a fender-bender on Green Street.
• On Sept. 29 helped jump-start a car on Depot Street.
• On Sept. 30 helped a New York resident who had been thrown out of a home she was visiting by finding a volunteer to drive her home and helping them obtain gas vouchers from the John Graham Shelter.
• On Sept. 30 ticketed Craig R. Brown, 39, of Burlington for driving without a license or registration and for possession of marijuana after finding him asleep behind the wheel of a running car in the Ferrisburgh Dollar General store parking lot.
• On Oct. 1 told youths smoking to leave the city skate park.
• On Oct. 1 dealt with a three-car accident on Main Street near the Bixby Library in which one driver whose vehicle struck two other vehicles was taken by the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad to Porter Hospital. Police said two vehicles that had yielded at a crosswalk for a pedestrian were struck by the third vehicle.
• On Oct. 1 after receiving a report of erratic driving stopped a northbound vehicle on Route 22A and determined the driver was OK.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.