Middlebury Police Log: Police investigate report of sexual assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police received a report on Sept. 7 of a possible sexual assault in the Buttolph Drive area. Police continue to investigate the matter.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Helped a South Street resident who had a downed wire on his property on Sept. 4.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a suspected overdose patient in the Court Street area on Sept. 5.
• Served a no-trespass order on Sept. 5 on a person who was not wanted at the Ollie’s Other Place business on Washington Street.
• Quieted a loud argument in the Elm Street area on Sept. 6.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a man in the Seminary Street Extension area on Sept. 6.
• Served a no-trespass order on a man after he had allegedly stolen a beer from Shaw’s Supermarket on Washington Street on Sept. 6.
• Investigated a car crash, with minor injuries, on Route 7 South on Sept. 7.
• Were informed a child had run away from the John Graham Court area on Sept. 7.
• Checked on a Woodbridge Lane resident who had been experiencing some mental health troubles on Sept. 7.
• Helped Two Brothers Tavern in removing a drunken man from the premises on Sept. 8.
• Began an investigation into the reported theft of some items from the Champlain Farms store on Court Street on Sept. 8. Police said the store has video pointing to a suspect.
• Assisted a local, elderly woman on Sept. 8 who had been scammed into sending money to some people out of state. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Helped Burlington police locate a runaway juvenile in the Woodland Park area on Sept. 8.
• Investigated a possible violation of an abuse prevention order reported on Sept. 9.
• Assisted Ilsley Library in serving a no-trespass order on a person on Sept. 9.
• Were informed a truck had been keyed while parked in the Middlebury College lot off Porter Field Road on Sept. 9.
• Euthanized a sick raccoon found in the Grey Ledge Road area on Sept. 9.
• Responded to a noise complaint on Middlebury College’s Freeman Way at around 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 10.
• Received a report about a “loud college party” in the Weybridge Street area at around midnight on Sept. 10. Police warned the participants to quiet down.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a youth determined to be in possession of alcohol on Cross Street on Sept. 11.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.